→ chapter thirty two

Start from the beginning

after an awkward mention of percy's name, it was time to eat. there was silence in the room as plates and cutlery chinked and chairs scraped across the floor, everyone was settling down to eat their dinner. chae sat next to hermione and ginny as she usually did, with tonks by their side.

"it looks lovely molly" said lupin, ladling stew on a plate for her and handing it across the table.

everybody was consumed in their own conversations, however chae as per usual was more interested in her food. if there was something she loved that molly weasley cooked, it was her stew. chae often went back for second helpings whenever molly cooked stew.

the brunette had a spoon in her mouth when she looked up, her eyes locking with fred, who quickly looked away, pretending he hadn't been staring at the girl opposite him. he went back to talking with george, ron and mundungus and chaerin fixed her attention to tonks who was changing her nose to look like a beak.

chae laughed and covered her mouth, making sure no food would fall from it. watching tonks and eating at the same time seemed impossible, tonks always had the girl in stitches.

when chae had finished eating, she placed her spoon down into her empty bowl and stood up, bare in mind it took her a great deal of effort because once again chae had eaten at least two bowls of stew. she waddled over to ginny who was sat on the floor, rolling butterbeer corks for crookshanks and cleo to chase.

she sat down next to ginny and her cat came striding over to her, her tail in the air as her head was high. chae thought cleo to be the prettiest cat she had ever seen, she often received compliments on the cat and maybe it was because each night chae would brush her fur, cleo very much enjoyed being pampered.

chae picked up a cork, raised her hand and gently threw it at fred, hitting him in the chest and his head snapped towards her when cleo pounced. the two girls on the floor burst into laughter as fred tried to fight off the cat.

"chaerin, i hate your cat" he muttered, a scratch now on his arm from where cleo tried to tackle the cork from him.

"don't worry freddie, she doesn't like you much either" chae said proudly and fred's mouth dropped open, feigning hurt, but before he could reply, the atmosphere in the room changed drastically, it was like a cold draft had drifted onto them all.

"you know, i'm surprised at you. i thought the first thing you'd do when you got here would be to start asking questions about voldemort" said sirius, the name caused chae to shudder.

"i did!" said harry indignantly. " i asked ron and hermione but they said we're not allowed in the order, so - "

"and they're quite right,' said mrs. weasley. "you're too young"

chaerin kept quiet, knowing this was probably going to lead to an argument between molly and sirius, possibly even fred and george considering they'd been having all their questions ignored.

"hang on!" interrupted george loudly.

"how come harry gets his questions answered?" said fred angrily.

"we've been trying to get stuff out of you for a month and you haven't told us a single stinking thing!" said george.

"you're too young, you're not in the order"  said fred, in a high-pitched voice that sounded uncannily like his mother's "harry's not even of age"

"they are right, you've even ignored my questions, it's not fair" chae added, her eyebrow raised as she stared at sirius.

the girl stood up, walking over to fred and george, sitting in between them as she stared at sirius as he began to explain that it wasn't his fault they hadn't been told anything.

the duo began to argue and ron, hermione, fred, george and chaerin turned their heads rapidly from each person, watching as they shouted at each other. in the end it was decided that harry wanted to know, molly weasley looked furious as ever.

"ginny - ron - hermione - chaerin - fred - george, i want you out of this kitchen, now" molly said angrily, but the group of them began to protest.

"we're of age!" fred, george and chae bellowed together.

"if harry's allowed why can't i?!" said ron.

"mum, i want to hear!" wailed ginny.

"NO!" shouted molly, standing up "i absolutely forbid-"

"molly, you can't stop fred, george and chaerin" said mr weasily, wary of his wife "they are of age-"

"they're still at school, chae is barely seventeen, her birthday was only last week-"

"but they're legally adults now"

"i- oh all right, the three of them can stay, but ron-"

ron began to shout, telling his mother that harry would tell him and hermione everything anyway, which was very true so molly agreed on letting them stay.

"fine" said molly, defeated "fine - ginny - BED!"

chae laughed silently as ginny did not go easily, she stomped up the stairs angrily and it even set the painting off which lead remus to go and fix it.

the teens sat in silence as lupin closed the door when he returned and sirius began to explain everything. chae shuddered at the mention of the dark lord's name each time it was mentioned, which was a lot. chaerin knew it was only a name but growing up she had always been forbid to say his name, if her or cho said it their mother would scold them.

her eyes never left sirius as he explained everything, the tension building up bit by bit as each word left the man's mouth.

when he began to explain that dumbledore would be in big trouble if he kept defying the ministry, chae laughed when bill interrupted saying that dumbledore didn't care as long as they didn't take him off the chocolate frog cards. at the mention of it, chae thought she could really do with a chocolate frog.

"like what kind of weapon?" harry asked, a puzzled look on his face "worse than the avada kedavra - ?"

"that's enough!" sounded molly's voice, standing beside the door, chae smiled wearily at the woman who had her arms crossed, looking absolutely enraged.

"i want you in bed, now, all of you" she beckoned as she looked at ron, hermione, chae, fred, george and harry.

"you can't boss us-" fred began, which caused chae to face palm.

"watch me" snarled mrs weasley.

the group of them later admitted defeat and chaerin left with hermione, ready to make their way to the bedroom they shared with ginny.

when they reached the landing of the stairs fred tugged on chae's wrist, causing her to turn to him.

"if you're about to tell me 'i still can't believe my mother won't let us sleep in the same room' then do not, you remind me every day" said chae, a smile on her face.

"well i still think it's ridiculous" said fred.

"it's because she thinks you'll get up to all sorts of baby making" teased george as he walked past, causing the duo to glare at him.

"just go to bed freddie, i'll see you in the morning!" chae softly said as she began to walk to her bedroom, ready to tell ginny everything they had been told.