Episode 20 - (Part 1/November Sweeps)

Cedar's Hospital

The other day when Rick woke up, the man was alert and spoke to his family, spoke to his colleagues in the hospital despite feeling the pain when woke up too. Rick remembered everything about the day as it was going to be a typical day, paper work, walking around the hospital, making the rounds and checking on patients. He even had a meeting to attend to, but when he did all of that and left the meeting once it was over, he went back to his office and opened the door. That's when everything changed for Rick when all the stuff fell down and he was knocked out, he was bleeding and couldn't move at all. Thankfully he was found by Leah and the others treated him to help stop the bleeding as they say, but the man still felt pain as he woke up again slowly, seeing his wife Mindy in the chair sleeping was the most adorable thing Rick has ever seen. She was his earth angel to say the very least, someone so adorable and beautiful as he cleared his throat when waking up some more, causing Mindy to wake up and smile.

Rick - "Hey...you"

Mindy - "Hey you back...did you just wake up?"

Rick - "I did as I am surprised to see you sleeping in the chair. Did they make you stay here?"

Mindy shook her head and giggled.

Mindy - "No, more like I wanted and almost demanded to stay here and be with you when you woke up again"

Rick - "Mindy, you didn't have to do that you know?"

Mindy - "Okay, I take that back, I didn't demand but they allowed me to stay Rick. I couldn't be without you"

Rick - "But the cabin..."

Mindy - "Don't worry about the cabin, Jude made sure it was taken care of real good when I wasn't there. He spent the night at the Spaulding Mansion with Phillip, Beth, and the others"

Rick - "Well that's good, sorry you had to see me like that the last time Mindy. I should of known better to end up like this too"

Mindy - "Now don't you go off apologizing, this isn't your fault okay? Sebastian Houlce or whomever is responsible and they're gonna pay"

Rick - "Wait, Sebastian is the reason why I am in this hospital? That bastard...why am I not surprised?"

Mindy - "I am not saying he did it exactly but...he had to or someone from his side he hired did this to you Rick"

Rick - "Well whoever did this to me should pay...I can't wait to get out of this bed and get back to work"

Mindy was not surprised when he said that as Rick was one of the most dedicated people at Cedar's Hospital since he first started.

Mindy - "Are you really serious Rick? After what happened, you're not going to work for awhile when you suffered internal bleeding"

Rick - "Internal bleeding? That's what I had?"

Mindy nods.

Mindy - "Yes, you don't remember when Mel, Lillian and Michelle told us?"

Rick - "Oh yeah, now it's coming back to me....guess I have to stay in this damn bed for eternity, a very long time"

Mindy - "Staying in bed for eternity? Rick, you're going to come home as of mostly today when they check on you hopefully"

Rick - "That's good to know but, who's going to be the Chief Of Staff, I obviously won't be able to Mindy"

Mindy - "Now Rick I don't want you to worry yourself to death about it okay? You need to focus on your health and getting better"

Rick - "I know but-"