Find Your Light - Episode 2

Springfield University

In his office at the university, Nick McHenry Spaulding was on the phone with Phillip who told his cousin about Lizzie. Nick was happy that Phillip and Beth had their daughter back after all the hell they went through. After Lizzie's supposed death, Nick did what he could do to bring out any kind of resources in order to help when the man was contacted by Phillip. Hearing the door bust wide open, Nick saw Mindy walk in sad, but she had to talk to him.

Nick – "Phillip, I'll talk to you later, something just came up. But please give Beth and Lizzie my regards, bye" *Ends the call*

Mindy – "Are you available right now Nick?"

Nick – "Yes, I am Mindy, are you alright?"

Mindy – "No I am not Nick, and if I don't talk to somebody, I am going to cry for the billionth time!"

Nick got up from his desk and made sure the door was closed behind them so they would have privacy. No one needed to know about what the two were about to discuss, as Nick comforts Mindy in his arms.

Nick – "Shhhh.... it's okay Mindy. Just tell me what happened? Is it about you and Rick?"

Mindy – "Yes Nick and you're not going to believe what's been going on. I was on the screw up for this one"

Nick – "Sit down and let me get you're a glass of water, okay?"

Mindy – "I don't need anything to drink Nick...I just need you"

Nick – "Alright but just sit down and relax, okay? Calm down, then when you're ready you can talk to me"

Mindy breathes in and out before wiping away some of the tears as Nick gave her some tissue. Taking it she wipes her eyes and blows her nose as the professor/journalist sits down at his desk prepared to hear all about Mindy's problems.

Nick – "So...what happened Mindy?"

Mindy – "I cheated on Rick with Andy Dixon from Oakdale"

Nick – *Jaw drops* "What? Mindy, I am so sorry to hear about that. How did Rick find out?"

Mindy – "It was stupid for Andy and I to even talk about this outside. Rick saw us embracing, then talking of what we did together before piecing everything"

Nick – "Were you and Rick having issues together before any of this happened?"

Mindy – "Not a lot but he was working a lot at the hospital during some weeks, and I just felt lonely. The main problem was me not feeling loved physically on certain days, but that's not even all of it"

Nick – "It gets worse? How worse?"

Mindy – "Andy and I were blackmailed to sleep with each other Nick. Sonni Carrera is the reason for all this crap, and I want it to end"

Nick was confused at first when he heard the name of Sonni Carrera but as soon as she explained more of the details Nick started to understand and remember Sonni. This didn't mean he wasn't worried about Mindy's safety because he started to feel concerned for his friend/ex-flame. He didn't know that much about Andy, but he would also need help when it came to Sonni due to the kind of person she is from what Mindy is telling Nick now.

---------------------------------------------------------

The Bauer Cabin

Leah parked her car and got out before she ran up to the cabin to see her dad. She got a call from Mindy telling her to come to the home quickly and be there for her father, but Leah didn't get the exact reason. In the back of Leah's mind, this had to be about Mindy betraying Rick from behind with Andy. What else could it be? As she came inside and opened the door with the keys Rick gave her before, Mindy closes it behind him and looks around.