Episode 12

The Park

Pulling up to the park, Shayne parked the car near the sidewalk as he got out and went to the other side of the car, opening the door before he reached in to unbuckle Henry's seatbelt. Watching Henry get out of the car, Shayne closes the door behind him as he takes his son's hand before going to the park. Today they, well mostly Shayne, were going to meet with Laura so the two can speak and come to a conclusion of what to do moving forward. What Shayne wants is simple, for the two of them to co-parent for Henry's sake, but does Laura want the same thing? Of course she does, as the moment she turned up at Lewis Energies and saw her son for the first time, Laura looked like she wanted to just hold Henry to kiss him on the forehead, hearing the word 'Momma'. But Laura couldn't go that far, Marina was in the room and the last thing Shayne wanted was a fight. For today, since Marina is working at Company, Shayne was going to meet with Laura alone. As they reached the play section of the park, Shayne noticed Jonathan and Sarah on the swings together.

Shayne - "Hey Jonathan, looks like you and Sarah are having fun on the swings together"

Getting off of the swing, Jonathan laughed and smiled before hugging his brother. Hugging Henry as well, he kissed his nephew on the forehead while Sarah kept riding on the swing, waving at his uncle.

Jonathan - "Yeah, you can say that Shayne. Were just getting out last set of fun in before the school semester starts for Sarah"

Shyane - "Ah I see, can't say that I blame her. Henry and I are here to meet up with a special someone today"

Jonathan - "Oh...is it a special someone that I know of?"

Shayne - "Kind of...but it's more of someone I met...someone i've known for a long long time"

Deciding that it would be too awkward for Henry to hear this, he gets down on one knee to speak to his son.  For adult issues and matters that has to be settled, the children didn't need to see what was going to happen later on.

Shayne - "Hey Henry, how about you go play over there on the swing set with Sarah? I think she'll be excited to see you and play at the same time"

Henry eagerly nodded before running up to an empty swing and got on. When he was comfortable, Henry started to push himself a little bit before he pushed himself fully, going up and down along with his cousin Sarah.

Shayne - "They're great kids aren't they? Our pride and joy"

Jonathan - "Yes, they are...but you didn't answer my question. Who is this special someone?"

Shayne - "It's complicated but....it's Laura, Laura Pizano. You remember I told you about her right?"

Jonathan - "Wait...the one who died in Bosnia when you were with her? She's back? How did that happen? Hold up....is that Burke dude a part of it?"

Shayne - "I would say yes but she never said anything. She blew right into the office at Lewis Energies and disturbed a family outing between my wife and Henry. All she wanted I believe was to be there for Shayne...but you know Marina when it comes to our son"

Jonathan - *Chuckles* "Oh yeah Shayne, Marina is someone you don't mess around with when it comes to Henry. Piss her off and your'e a dead man"

Shayne - "It's also a good thing she is not here. I am going to meet up with Laura so the two of us can sit down and just talk...see where all of this goes. Any advice?"

Jonathan - "To be honest...just listen and try to come up with a compromise, it's all about what's best for little Henry. But at the same time...she may have some kind of agenda"

Shayne - "Really? Jonathan...I have known this woman for a long time when we were in Bosnia, she would never do anything to hurt Henry"

Jonathan - "Hold up Shayne....I never said she would hurt the son you and her brought into this world. I would just watch out for anything suspicious...where was she for the past ten years or before that for Henry? You and Marina have done a hell of a job raising the kid, if anything happens to him because of Laura or outside forces...you guys are going to have to take action"