Episode 10 - (The Bauer BBQ/Part 4)

The Bauer Residence

After the announcement by both Zach and Jason which didn't turn out well, Blake went inside the house to talk to her son about what he's getting himself in to. Blake's sure Zach is a nice person and all, but the man's a Spaulding from beginning, middle and to the very end. Jason had to understand that just because Zach is Phillip's son wasn't going to be all roses and sunshine at the end of the day. Asking a couple of people where Jason and Zach were, they told them upstairs in one of the rooms. So, she ran upstairs and going to the first room before opening the door, there was Zach and Jason in bed (nearly unclothed)

Blake – JASON!?

Jason – Mom!? What are you doing!?

Zach – It's not what you think at all Blake.

Jason – Get out mom!

Blake – Not until we have a talk Jason about your new sexcapade with Zach over here.... alone.

Zach – Uh...let me give you guys' privacy.

Jason – No, don't go.

Zach – Your mom needs this talk with you Jason. Dad's probably looking for me too, I need to defend myself to him, even though I don't need too.

Zach gets up from the bed and puts on the rest of his clothes before he leaves the room. Blake slams the door behind him and shoots daggers at her son.

Jason – Go ahead mom, lay it on me and tell me how much of a mistake I am making. Zach didn't push me in to this if that's what you're thinking.

Blake – Don't care if he pushed you in to this or not, do you know what you're getting yourself in to?

Jason – I LOVE Zach mom.

Blake – Do you really mean that?

Jason – Of course, did you see how me, and Zach were holding hands? The two of us fell for each other sometime last year but we didn't act on our feelings then.

Blake – Jason....

Blake walked up to her son and cupped her face with her own bare hands showing emotion in her eyes, never keeping her eyes off Jason.

Jason – Don't cry mom.

Blake – You're my son, I am always going to love you, but you deserve to be happy no matter who you're with. Even if it's Zach or anyone else, nothing will come between us.

Blake hugged her son who was concerned for Jason's happiness. After all the hell the Spaulding's put her and Ross through, especially with Ross's death before he recently returned, the last thing she wanted was her son's life being put in danger. But at the same time, she had to remember that this is what Jason wants, that's to be with Zach Spaulding. Ross hasn't been able to recover so to speak from the announcement from his son about who he's seeing/dating but in time maybe Ross can put his dislike for Phillip behind him.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sitting on the steps of the Bauer residence, Zach had his hands folded and remembered the look Blake gave him when he left the room. He couldn't blame Blake for being protective when it came to one of her sons. Zach didn't want to hurt anyone, that wasn't Zach's intention, but all Ross and Blake see is the bastard son of Phillip Spaulding. Heck, they were family so they should be able to accept them being together, right? As his son was in deep thought, Phillip slowly opened the door and sighed in relief before Zach looked behind, then frowned.