Find Your Light - Episode 4

Cedar's Hospital

Standing over the deceased body of his wife, Alexandra Spaulding, who was covered in a sheet up to her neck, Fletcher looked down at her and shook his head. When he came here to Cedar's with her and everyone else, she was taken down to the morgue so the family and Fletcher were allowed to see her one by one. So Fletcher allowed, Phillip, then Beth, then James to go in that order until Phillip got a call about Lizzie in some kind of incident. Whatever happened to her was unfortunate but Fletcher's focus right now was on Alexandra. She looked so beautiful, even in death where there were many days and nights when even dressed in simple clothing or clothing for business, Alexandra always took control of the room, of the situation as well. There's nothing to describe the pain Fletcher was in right now and was unsure at the moment for what he needs to do. Yes, he can grieve for his wife but what will that do for him? Be a weeping mess and never recover? And teaching journalism at Springfield University, what's that going to do for him if he's not strong enough to do it. Kissing her on her forehead one more time, Fletcher leaves the morgue seeing Holly and Ed standing outside.

Holly - "Fletcher!"

Holly immediately hugs her ex-husband after seeing the pain on his face from losing his wife just now. She remembered losing Roger after years of the two being on and off, where the relationship was toxic but at the end of the day Holly still loved Roger, he still missed him. Some people won't understand it but love can be at times so chaotic.

Fletcher - "Holly, Ed? What are you two doing here?"

Holly - "What do you think were doing here? To be with you Fletcher and support you. We heard about Vanessa"

Ed - "Phillip called us after what happened to Alexandra, so I was just about done teaching a class. After it was over, I picked up Holly from home since she had the day off"

Fletcher - "Phillip left with his family a couple of hours ago because of what happened to Lizzie if I am correct?. Zach is with Jude at Rick and Mindy's home after Mindy picked them up from the hospital just now"

Holly - "We heard it on the radio on the way to Cedar's. Lizzie is missing right now after the car she was in with Bill and kids were ran off the bridge into the ocean. The children are already here with Jonathan and Tammy but they're still looking for Lizzie"

Fletcher - "And Bill?"

Ed - "He's at the site where it happened and is trying his best to absorb all of this. Poor guy, I can only imagine what he's going through"

Fletcher - "First Alexandra and now this..."

Ed - "Shayne being arrested for possibly killing my nephew...I still can't believe it myself even though it doesn't make any sense. Hope needs to know about this too, she told me she went to the bathroom to wash up"

Fletcher - "I'm only focused on one thing and one thing only...wife and that's about it Ed. No disrespect to you"

Holly - "Did you just see Alexandra?"

Fletcher - "Yes I did Holly. You know it's still for me to fathom the thought of Alexandra dying. She's actually gone, my wife is dead and never coming back"

Ed - "Were so sorry Fletcher, if there's anything you need for us to do name it and we'll get it done"

Fletcher - "I'm pretty sure Phillip and the rest of the Spaulding's will plan the wedding. As for me...I can't teach at the moment, you need someone to teach journalism without me"

Holly - "Absolutely, I will make sure to notify Springfield University, then bring someone to replace you. For the time being though we'll need to cancel your class Fletcher which will give us some time"