Episode 2

Cedars Hospital

Walking down the hallways of Cedars Hospital, the same hospital that his father worked in and became Chief Of Staff, Rick Bauer was writing notes and making sure he didn't miss any patients he was checking on with other doctors. For this, it was his dream job when he first became a doctor but also learned the ropes while working with his dad in the hospital when he started. There came a lot of responsibility from learning everything little detail that comes with the job but it didn't stop him from being a doctor and helping those in need. If Rick just sat in the office the whole day and did nothing but paperwork, that wouldn't be fair to him and to others in the hospital that he's worked with over the years. Even now, his daughter Leah works as a nurse here at the hospital and there were things she was still learning to this day. But Rick has seen her in action when she is helping patients and does a very good job but it's no surprise. After talking with one of the nurses, Rick's attention is now on Blake who got off the elevator and sees the good doctor.

Blake - "Hello Rick, I believe you received my text the other day correct?"

Rick - "Yes I did Blake, is everything okay with you health wise? Do you need me to check on something? I can always get one of the nurses too just to make sure you're fine"

Blake - "No, I am perfectly fine Rick, but we need to talk somewhere else...private. Do you know somewhere we can discuss what I need to tell you?"

Rick - "Uh...yeah....I know one room we can talk. And it's not my office since it's on one of the other floors"

Rick gestures Blake to follow him and the two of them go to the break room where there was no one else there. For Blake, this was good because the subject was important and no one needed to hear what they had to talk about.

Rick - "So, what did you want to speak to me about Blake? Also, let's make sure this is not long because the hospital will need me for something important as Chief Of Staff."

Blake closes the door of the breakroom which Rick didn't understand why she did that. But then again Blake Marler does things that no one would be able to do.

Blake - "I will keep it short and sweet. The other day I had lunch with Kevin and before you ask, all of the kids are fine...it's just...Jason"

Rick - "What's wrong with Jason? Is he alright?"

Blake nods and Rick was now worried about Jason Fredrick Marler. He was someone who Rick thought at the time Jason and Kevin were born, was his son to a one night stand with Blake. Of course, Ross was furious at both of them but luckily Rick wasn't Jason's son. It didn't stop Rick from caring about Jason and stepping up to be a father figure to the kid.

Blake - "Physically yes he is Rick but mentally he may have some issues coming up. Kevin told me Jason is wondering if anything else happened on that fateful day"

Rick - What fateful day?"

Blake - "The day when Ross, my husband and their father died in the plane crash. You know what I am talking about Rick, the one that you and Phillip were responsible for...remember?"

Rick was startled when Blake answered him as he will always regret his role in Ross's death, even when he tried to help Phillip it was no good. Ross was getting himself in the cross hairs of Phillip's rafe and issues as it would do the man no good to convince his nephew to come home. Rick should have told Phillip no but all he thought about was Judge's safety and not alerting the police about Phillip at the time.

Rick - "Oh...yeah...that one. What does that have to do with Jason?"

Blake - "He's thinking about looking into his father's death so my son may look more into it. When he does...I don't know what to say to him. Hell, all three of my kids will be snooping around to find out the truth"