Episode 6 - (The Bauer BBQ Part 1)

The Chamberlin-Lewis Home

On his way to pick up his son from Billy and Vanessa so all of them could go to the Bauer BBQ together, Bill's thoughts were on Lizzie and what he was going to say to Little HB when he sees him. For the past couple of months Bill has been avoiding to answer his sons question of when Lizzie was coming home. Bill always tried to tell his son that he was still looking for her but he wasn't going to give up. Lately, his chances of finding his wife was slowly starting to come down as well after the last time he looked into it. Cyrus from Harley's Angels will have his chance to investigate it but the thought of him not being able do anything proved that Bill was indeed powerless. The man didn't have any super powers or anything else to find his wife or save her on that day, he was just human. Bill didn't know where to go, whether it was this way or that way, plus his father in law Phillip Spaulding wanted to be Co-CEO when Alan-Michael wakes up. Bill agreed to it but could feel the man could betray him in the very end still, leaving him by himself even if he had to grieve Lizzie's potential death. Pulling up to the home, Bill parks his car before he got out and walked up to the home he knocked on the door and waited before seeing Vanessa as he smiled.

Vanessa - *Smiles* "Hey Bill"

Bill - "Hey mom, how are you? How's Little HB?"

Vanessa and Bill hug each other before she stepped aside so Bill can come into the house. She was glad that her son wasn't a mess like he was the day of Lizzie's disappearance at the hospital which was so worse.

Vanessa - "I'm doing well, your father's in the kitchen. As for your son he's okay. but I can still tell that he's worried about his mother. Do you have any new updates on finding her?"

Bill - "About Lizzie? As of now, no, but I did hire Cyrus to look into it. So when he's done, Cyrus can tell me what he found"

Vanessa - "How are you doing Bill Honestly?

Bill sighed and chuckled before he held the back of his neck with his hand, looking down a bit. He wished his mother didn't ask him but mom's, like fathers have a right to be concerned for their kids, grown or not.

Bill - "Good question, I feel like being pulled in so many directions mom, it can be a bit too much mom. If I can't find Lizzie, that's going to break HB and Sarah's heart"

Vanessa - "Maybe you should take some time off Bill. You could get stressed out due to the search for Lizzie"

Bill - "And let Phillip take over in the end? Not a chance mom"

Vanessa was confused. What did Phillip had to do with this and taking over the company? Of course it was never her business to get involved in her son's life since he's an adult.

Vanessa - "Come again?"

Bill - "Phillip and I were talking a couple weeks ago. He suggested to me that since Alan-Michel could wake up at any time, he'll be Co-CEO with me"

Billy - "Now that sounds like a recipe for disaster son if you ask me"

Bill and Vanessa saw Billy come out of the kitchen before he stood there with his hands in his pockets. You could tell by the look on Billy's face, the man wasn't surprised at all of what he heard about Phillip. Billy has always respected Phillip, Alan and the rest of the family but the issue was the power of control when it came to Spaulding-Lewis. Now of course, the past eleven years have been pretty good for the company but now when Lizzie was missing and you have the Ultimate Force trying to turn Springfield upside, this should be a time when the entire town reunites. Now his daughter in law may be dead, Bill doesn't know what to do next and Phillip now wants to be the CEO of the company. What a strange time to be alive right? He's seen this move before when it comes to Phillip and what he's capable of when the company is in the palm of his hands. Alan was stupid enough not to step in before putting an end to Phillip's schemes when he kidnapped those children. Bill may not know what he's completely up against since the man wasn't in the right frame of mind right now. It can take a lot out of you when you run into so many different directions, well a million of them and you don't know where it could lead to. Maybe Billy could help set Bill on the right track because his son needed it. Upstairs in the room that Little HB used, he didn't even notice his dad arriving. His mind was on Lizzie and wishing she was here right now to help make all of this better.