Episode 1

Local Garage

Driving in his car with his girlfriend in Rosita Santos (Elena Tovar) , Rafe Rivera, the son of Gus Aitoro, smiled briefly at Rosita before turning his attention back to the road. For someone like Rafe, his life has been so much better after coming back from serving in our country and living in Springfield for the last ten years. He's a part of the Springfield Police Department as a detective and also has a girlfriend in Rosita who he met three years ago when she came to town, working at Cedars Hospital. She was one of the people who saved Rafe's life when the man took a bullet for Rosita when the poor woman was being robbed. Luckily Rosita took the bullet out of Rafe's arm and from then on, the two of them have been inseparable together. Everyone from his family and his friends liked Rosita, despite the fact that she has the last name Santos but she wasn't related to the actual Santos family or was she? The woman didn't know that much about her family except for her mom but it didn't matter to Rafe. He loved her and no one would persuade him otherwise, not even Natalia would convince him.

Rafe - "It's such a beautiful day in Springfield wouldn't you say Rosita?"

Rosita nods her head and smiles looking outside the window. She notices the trees, the flowers, the grass, the homes, everything looked beautiful on a day like this.

Rosita - "I know, the skies are clear blue and the sun is shining bright. When you drove past the park, I swore I saw the flowers well taken care of"

Rafe - "I'm just surprised that the town has had a lot of peaceful moments in the past ten years. There hasn't been a big attack or anyone coming to destroy our lives"

Rosita giggles a little bit.

Rosita - "Don't jinx yourself hun. I actually enjoy the peace and quiet in Springfield despite a couple of moments here and there"

Rafe - "You're right but not everything can be peaceful. Sometimes we do need drama to shake things up in this town but hopefully my family doesn't get caught up in any more scandals"

Rosita - "I don't mean to be rude Rafe but it's going to be hard for some of them to stay out of trouble. There's just something about your aunt Alexandra that I don't like, that's just me"

Rafe thought of what Rosita told her and it wasn't out of the realm of possibility. The Spauldings have done their fair share of dirty acts which includes the late great Alan Spaulding.

Rafe - "No worries baby, I know my family for a long time since I got back from serving the military. Now that I think about it, the first day I came here, a lot of trouble was caused by me. Whether I acted out on not having a father or not, there's no excuses, I am no better than anyone else. At least joining the military gave me perspective on the life I want to live, I want to make everyone proud of me....that goes for dad too"

From the look on his face, Rosita notices how much he missed Gus. Rosita met his family a couple of months when they started dating but she remembered when Natalia told her about Gus, the kind of man he was and what he represented. Being a part of the Springfield PD made Rosita proud of Rafe and she knew Gus would have been thrilled to see Rafe in law and enforcement.

Rosita - "I believe your dad is somewhere up in the skies smiling down on you. You're very committed to finding out the truth in your cases so that takes a lot of work. Not only are you a good boyfriend but you're one hell of a cop...it's a turn on"

Rafe chuckles before he sees a garage with signs next to it saying oil change and repairs.

Rafe - "Thanks babe. I know we have to get supplies and other things today but there's a local garage I wanted to stop by and have a quick oil change. It shouldn't take long for two of us"