Episode 8

Cedar's Hospital

The day after the 4th Of July, the Bauer BBQ, Blake sat in the chair next to the hospital bed her son Jason laid in after the incident that took place the other day. It was when Jason left in a flurry of anger, he didn't want to be surrounded or next to someone that lied. Someone kept something so huge from him and his siblings before Jason's car skidded down the road outside of town. When she got the call from Kevin, Blake immediately raced to the hospital with her mom, Ed, and Clarissa as Jason was brought in at the nick of time. Waiting in one one of the rooms was hard for Blake and her family, all she wanted was her boy to be okay, to wake up so they can at least talk about what happened. Maybe Jason will be calm enough and not yelling at her and everyone else, but who knows? This morning Blake came to Cedar's Hospital to see Jason who still didn't wake up, but as she sat there praying for her son's recovery. She remembered some of the details Kevin told her but knew he held something important back. Right now she wasn't going to worry about it, as Holly, Ed, Clarissa and Kevin came into the room to which Blake noticed.

Holly - "Any word of Jason dear? Did he wake up?"

Blake shook her head and wiped the tears from her eyes. The others went to the cafeteria for breakfast and they wanted to bring something to eat for Blake since she didn't have anything this morning.

Blake - "No, he hasn't woken up mother, I hope he does. Mel and Leah are looking over what they found when they worked on him"

Ed - "He's a strong young man Blake, he'll pull through okay? Trust me on that"

Holly - "We also brought breakfast for you Blake, so you can eat up. You haven't eaten anything from what I can tell"

Blake - "I'll only have the orange juice for now mom, but thank you. I do need some strength to make me come alive"

Clarissa - "It's a good thing you were there for him Kevin. You must of been terrified to see Jason like this when you got him out of the car"

Kevin slowly nodded and smiled a little bit. He still didn't tell his mom and those of Ross's return, as it would have been too much for them to process the moment when he called his mother. Luckily he was able to convince his dad to not leave town and to his surprise, Ross wasn't leaving town. He was staying but still didn't know who Kevin or who his family was. It was complicated for sure but he believes his mother and family will understand in the end.

Kevin - "Yeah, a part of me wished I could have done more to save him. Maybe do something reckless to get him to stop driving...but then again it wouldn't be worth it"

Standing up, Blake hugs her son and kisses him on the cheek. She could see that her son felt guilt of not doing more to help Jason after what just happened.

Blake - *Sighs* "Hey, don't be so hard on yourself honey. You tried, you did the best you could for Jason. All we need now is for your brother to wake up and then we'll move from there"

Clarissa - "Can he go home today mom?"

Blake - "He should, but it all depends on his tests and the results he gets back from the doctor and the nurse. Once he wakes up Jason's going to come straight home, not the college dorms you guys live in. I don't want you two to convince him not to stay with me"

Kevin - "Mom, you know Jason is not going to listen to you. He'll be telling you that he doesn't need to be stuck in some kind of prison" *Chuckles*

Blake - "Well can you least try to persuade Jason to be in an environment where there's not a lot of drama. The last thing I want is for my son, your brother re aggravating any injures he has"

Dinah - "Alright...so...what did my brother do now?"

Blake, Jason, Clarissa, Ed, and Holly hear the familiar voice of one Dinah Marler Cooper (Gina Togoni) who stands in the doorway with a soft smile on her face. The daughter of Ross Marler over the past ten years has been living her life overseas in Germany with AC Mallet, her husband that she married five years ago. The moment they came back to Springfield while Dinah got a phone call from her step mother about Jason, Dinah immediately got on the next Uber to Cedar's.