Chapter 7

*╔═══❖•ೋ°🌙 °ೋ•❖═══╗*   
WOKE UP AS A PRINCESS
[The Next Empress]
*╚════❖• ೋ°☀°ೋ •❖════╝*
Chapter 7

—🌙Yang Nianzu (POV)

We were in front of the emperor and the empress.

" Your majesty..." I said and then kneel and bow in front of the Empress and the Emperor, the Ruler of the Yue Empire.

" You may rise." Emperor Yue said and so I get up and thanked the Emperor.

" Your Majesty the Emperor, may I know why his majesty calls for me? " I said and I looked at him and I then saw that the Empress smiled while looking at me.

Then suddenly, the Empress whispered something to the Emperor, and then his majesty stared at me.

( What are they whispering about? )

" Lord Yang Nianzu. " Emperor Yue

*gulp*

" Yes, your majesty? " I said while I look at him.

I really can't read what the Empress and the Emperor's minds right now, and whenever the Empress looks at me with her lioness eyes.

It feels like any minute now, she would feed me to the tigers, and the Emperor is just so intimidating even the air feels heavy too.

" As you know, the Empress and I, have a beautiful daughter." Emperor Yue says with a smile, so I looked at Yao and Feng who were just standing right next to me with shocked expressions.

( They had a daughter? Since when!? )

" Pardon me for saying this your majesty, but... " Yao says

" We didn't know that his and her majesty had a daughter," Yao says and I nod my head looking at the emperor.

" Well, we simply hid her away from the people outside the palace, and the maids are the only one who knows about it too. " The emperor says

"I have forbidden them to spread the news." Empress Yue says and so we all nodded our head.

" And our beautiful daughter who has never been outside the palace, I—as your Emperor, I entrusted you that you will protect and guard my beautiful daughter away from dangerous people outside. " Emperor Yue

( A daughter hah...)

" I, lord Yang Nianzu, with my loyalty towards his and her majesty the ruler of the Yue Empire, will protect and guard her highness the Princess of this  Empire with my heart even if it cost my life., I said and bow in front of them.

" That's good to hear, you may now rise, " Emperor Yue says and so I get up and look at them.

" And oh, my darling, don't forget the 'thing' that I told you just now. " Empress Yue says and she was looking at the emperor.

*gulp*

( What is her majesty planning right now? )

" Right," Emperor says

" Lord Yang, as my most trusted people and pride of the Yue Empire. " Emperor says and he smiled looking at me, and so I look at him directly in his eyes.

" If you succeed in protecting my daughter away from danger, I shall make my daughter your future bride," The Emperor says which made me speechless.

" Pardon your majesty??"  Feng says

" It would be a waste if you won't get married, so I shall order you, Lord Yang, to protect and always stay next to my only daughter and she shall be yours, " Emperor Yue says, I then look at Yao and Feng again who's looking at me with their shocked expression.