Episode 6 - (Bauer BBQ/4th Of July Edition)

Comenzar desde el principio

Ed - "Hey, it's going to be alright. We're going to find Ross and don't forget, you're a Private Investigator yourself, you, Cyrus, Daisy, Marina, you guys have done great work. You're not in this alone"

Blake slowly nods and smiles, she knew her step-father was right. Ross shouldn't be a hard person to find, but if only they knew a little more of what he was doing before all of this came out, who knows? Ross would be here right now having a good time with his family and friends.

Blake - "You're right Ed, oh shoot, I need to tell the kids about this. They're going to be so relieved to know they're father is alive. Where are they?"

Ed - *Points to to the children, Jason, who was playing around with his group of friends* "Right over there Blake, Clarissa had to go to the restroom"

Blake - "What about Jason? Where's he?"

Ed - "He's helping Rick downstairs at the garage Blake with the water cases since they'll need more water for later on today. Why are you asking?"

Blake - "Why? They need to know about their father Ed, I can't keep them in the dark"

Holly - "How about we get them and explain to the kids what's going on right now? That way if they're confused or upset we'll try to fill in the blanks"

Blake - "And once we explain it to them, hopefully they'll understand. I'll talk to Cyrus, Daisy and the others on finding Ross and any others who went through hell thanks to Burke..he's gonna pay"

Getting up from their chairs, Blake, Ed, followed by Holly walk up to Jason so they can start gathering the children. And like Ed said, Clarissa had to go to the bathroom but Jason, well Jason was in the garage still holding his cell phone in his hand. It had the article featuring a headline featuring Rick back in 2006, including details that involve Phillip after Ross's death.

Phillip and Rick knew what it was, as they never thought in all these years that one of the children of Ross Marler in Jason would expose them like this. They weren't out in a public crowd, that was outside in the backyard at the Bauer BBQ, but this to Jason was enough for him.

Jason - "Well...aren't one of you going to talk? I want answers!"

Rick - "Jason, you're upset okay? I can see that and I...I don't blame you for being angry at us alright?"

Phillip - "He's right Jason, you have the right to be frustrated at us on what happened. Our part in Ross's death"

Jason - "Angry? Frustrated? How about a better word for it...PISSED OFF! Which one of you started this mess!?"

Rick - "It....it was me Jason, I started this...this mess that we both contributed together"

Phillip - "We never....NEVER wanted Ross to die, that's what you need to understand. This was during a bad time in our lives, mostly mine Phillip. I set it in motion but like I said, we never wanted your father dead. You do understand that right?"

Jason slowly looks down on the floor for a moment to process what he heard so far, but when looked up at the two men, Jason immediately swings a punch at Rick right in the face. It sends Rick backwards before Phillip catches him, as Rick tries to recover from the punch Jason gave him. Phillip makes sure Rick is okay but when he looks up, he sees Jason running with rage on his face and in his eyes. Jason would have done the same thing to Phillip but held himself back, seething, almost growling, almost unleashing that anger on both of them. He was pissed like he said before, and now the man wanted to know all the details from them. They could water it down all they want to, but they both played a role in Ross's death, there was no denying it. As much as Jason didn't want to hear the details at first, it was the only way he could process everything else that he would feel after. Maybe there was going to be solace, maybe there would be peace at last for him and his siblings but then again, you never know. He could hear Kevin's voice telling him to stop, that this wasn't worth it like Kevin told him the day he found out from Jason and Clarissa on what they found. Kevin didn't believe it. But this, this couldn't be ignored, Jason has to know everything so this was a good start, just not enough.