How you get the girl - Ezekiel x reader

Start from the beginning

The bell rang, and everyone started packing their things. You shoved everything into your bag, not wanting to be with Ezekiel for a minute longer. You angrily stormed out of the classroom, hearing Sammy call after you. 

"Y/N!" Sammy yelled, touching the back of your shoulder. You whipped around, almost hitting her face with your bag. 

"Sorry.." You mumbled, looking away from her.

"What's wrong?" 

"I.. Can we talk about this later? I'm sorry, I just don't feel like talking about it right now."

Sammy nodded in understanding, and put her arm around you, as you two walked towards the cafeteria. 

"Hey Jas, hi Shawn." You greeted, sitting in front of them. 

"Hey Y/N, Sammy." Jasmine smiled. "Do you guys need a ride to the dance? Shawn and I are taking a limo, and we were wondering if you two needed a lift."

Sammy replied, "No, Cody is taking me."

You shrugged, "I'm not sure if I'm going."

"What?" Jasmine asked. "You need to go! It's your first dance, since you moved here. You didn't go to last year's own." 

"That's because last year I didn't have a date." You sighed. "And this year I don't either." 

Jasmine thought for a moment, before replying. "Well, if a date is so important to you, Sammy and I can help you get one. You don't need a date to the dance though, you have us."

You chuckled, "That would be helpful if you could get me a date. I just.. I don't have my eye on anyone at the moment."

"We'll help you in any way we could." Sammy smiled. 

You heard someone clear their throat from behind you, and you turned, seeing Ezekiel. You awkwardly smiled at him, "Hi Zeke. Is this about the project?"

Ezekiel nodded, and sat next to you. "Can I have your number? I didn't get the chance to ask you before you stormed off." 

Jasmine, Shawn, and Sammy looked at you with curiosity. You felt your cheeks flush, "Okay.." 

You and Ezekiel exchanged numbers, and agreed to meet after school. You were a bit surprised at how he wasn't upset at you about earlier.

"Did something happen to you in class?" Jasmine asked, once Ezekiel left. She looked towards Sammy if she knows anything. 

You looked at Sammy, and she nodded, giving you an encouraging smile.

"Well.. Ezekiel.. He made sexist comments towards me."

Jasmine sighed, not looking surprised at all. "Ezekiel is known for that. You see, he's been homeschooled his whole life, until high school and his parents are the ones that taught him what he believes now."

You nodded, and began thinking of ideas on how to help Ezekiel. "Maybe I can help him."

Shawn chimed in, "That won't work, Y/N. Ezekiel is.. Ezekiel."

You asked, "Has no one tried to help him adjust to public school?" 

Your friends looked at each other, before replying together, "No."

"Well, that's going to change." 

You sat on the bus, waiting for Ezekiel, since you two ride the same bus. Ezekiel sat next to you, and you noticed a small bruise on his arm.