Chapter 45.) When The Past Bites....

Twenty-seven-year-old Autumn Ryder has been missing for eleven days now. Her mother informed authorities after forty-eight hours of no contact. She's spoken to Virginia Beach Police about her daughter's last whereabouts, the twenty-seven-year-old was released from prison last year and was trying to turn her life around, her mother said. She volunteered at the local church and helped with a few charity events, we were told that Ryder's last known location was the local department store but from the cameras the authorities obtained, Ryder is nowhere in sight. The mother was concerned and told authorities that she's been receiving threats before her daughter went missing. She also told authorities that she would often catch men following her or watching her, if any of you have seen the twenty-seven-year-old or know of her possible whereabouts please ca—

Renae cut the tv off and tossed the remote to the side. The girls last day of school was the other day and she was currently preparing to leave for Jamaica by next week.

The reports about Autumn didn't start up until 3 days ago, and they've been going on ever since. Of course, King was pissed as hell, Renae wasn't aware that she just made his big 'problem' even bigger, but she would soon find out.

"How long we staying out there?" Dajon consulted entering the room with Kairo crawling beside him.

"I'm thinking about letting the girls finish school there,"

"You sure about that?" He inquired picking up Kairo.

"If they want to do it," she replied emptying the dresser drawer.

"Are you trying to run because of what happened?"

Renae gave him an odd look then laughed placing the clothes in the luggage before answering, "If I was intimidated I would've left the moment the twins vacation started. I don't give a damn about these cops,"

"You should... you got kids and I wish you would've said something to me before you did what you did,"

"I protected my family, not my fault. And why would I get you involved? You have a life of your own," she stated

"You don't think I couldn't have done it? You have kids Renae, reason why I keep a lot of shit to myself," she knew he was upset with her because he used her government name instead of her middle.

"Understood, but let me ask you this, you were blowing games for that loan shark Tino yes or no?" She rose a brow and Dajon stared at her briefly then sat down with Kairo, his silence was the answer she needed.

        She was fed up with everyone keeping secrets from her as if she was too fragile to handle them, which was why she was starting to spiral out of control.

"How stupid do you have to be to risk your fucking career for some money huh? Did I not teach you better than that?"

"It was one t—"

"That's all it takes. One freaking time! Do you think Kingston was the only one looking out for you? You think I don't have friends? You got Kwan involved in this shit while my best friend is stressing about this mess. Do you think I wasn't going to find out? I knew shit was suspicious the moment that accident happened but I wanted you to be a man and tell me,"

Dajon remained silent and placed Kairo down and watched him attempt to walk. He knew he slipped up but now wasn't the time to get on his case, Renae was wrong and he needed her to know that.

       "Get on me later, we're on you right now. What the hell were you thinking?"

        "I know you better watch your tongue talking to me," she advised folding the jeans and he chuckled picking Kairo up and laid him on the bed.