Chapter 30.)

The twins birthday was a major success with their Codename Kids Next door themed party. Everyone had to dress up and get into character and remain in character until it was time to open gifts. The only thing the girls wanted were what they didn't get or forgot to ask for for Christmas; more games, more toys and more games.

Kingston, Dajon, and Kwan left the morning after and they would call to check in once they got settled. It was January 3rd and the girls were currently in school, Ava was with Karen, and Yanna was out with Renae and Kairo.

        Keenan was off today and having a small brunch with Tamia before he met up with Claire.

        "So you don't find it odd that she forgave Bryson but not me?" Tamia asked as she mixed her rice and sausages up.

        They were currently on the topic of Renae and she just couldn't get over the fact that Renae gave Bryson a pass and not her.

        "You put your hands on her mom... then you threw her abuse in her face,"

        "She was getting beside herself, I couldn't stop my impulse, it just happened," she frowned and Keenan shook his head.

        "That's her father,"

        "Who disrespected her husband... the father of her kids and his mother," she disputed.

        "What is this? Like I'm not understanding why you're acting like your life is over when you caused this shit. I backed you up, years back when she was going all crazy on y'all and damn near got into a fight with King behind it. You were supposed to be there to help better her and support her but you didn't. Yeah Uncle B fucked up but we're not talking about him, this is about you and you don't see anything wrong with what you did," he told her and she rolled her eyes.

        "You can roll your eyes, look at me sideways, mumble under your breath, but you still fucked up and if I'm being honest with you mom, I don't blame her for not wanting to deal with you. She was a high-risk pregnancy and you put your hands on her twice... twice Mom. If you don't think something could've happened from you doing that, something is wrong with you, like on some real shit,"

        Tamia stared at him briefly then went back to eating in silence.

        Keenan paid her attitude little mind as he continued to eat until she decided to finally speak.

        "I tried to apologize on Christmas but she hung the phone up on me and when I showed up she wouldn't even let me inside the house, just took the gifts and walked away,"

        "Can you blame her? Can you really blame her? All I'm hearing from you are excuses yo, like mom," he sighed staring up at the sky then shook his head.

        "She was abused by my aunt, your sister, her mother for years, thought that lame-ass nigga was her actual father when her real father was right in her face. You took a moment of anger and used to it throw the child abuse back in her face, not only did you throw it in her face, you turned around and put your hands on her twice. What don't you understand? Like deadass, you went to college, graduated second to the top of your class yet you can't understand why she's upset?"

        Tamia remained quiet for a while as she let his words marinate for a moment.

        "I don't know what to do Keenan,"

        "I can't help you. I appreciate all that you've done for me while I was locked up knowing you didn't have to. But I can't help you with this, no one helped Uncle B, he just went for it after Dajon did a lil talking on his part but just like him, you're grown. You can only change stuff if you go for it. If she doesn't want to, you can't force her, Kingston doesn't even acknowledge Uncle B's presence, that nigga is literally Stevie Wonder to the bull," he told her and she nodded understanding.

Renae Dreams TrilogyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara