Chapter 76.)

It was March 31st, nine in the morning and Renae and King were currently sitting through one of her appointments. With the baby constantly growing and moving, it put a lot of pressure on Renae's back. The swelling was back but only to a minimum and the brace that Dr. Rye recommended was definitely helping with the pain and straightening up her posture. Dr. Rye was trying so hard to get King to let her tell him what they were having but he wasn't ready for that conversation yet and neither was Renae.

As the time for the wedding was nearing, everyone was crunching down on everything, including time. Kwan was having meetings and making deals left to right because he knew once they left, he wouldn't be back in business mode until a couple of weeks after. So he needed to make sure he had everything set in stone and made sure he had the right people running things for him.

King's deal to open up a third weed dispensary got approved and he would have people out in California ready to work on his newest building.

        "So..." Dr. Rye smiled looking between King and Renae.

        She's been grinning ever since they entered the room and King was trying to figure out why the hell she was so damn happy.

        "What?" They asked.

        "I've been Skyping with Dr. Janine and Smith... they're into holistic and herbal healing,"

         "Ok," they nodded still confused.

         "So... we were talking and we sorta came up with an idea to combine the two to see if we can reverse some of he—"

        "Nope, nah, we're good," King cut her off and she frowned.

        "We won't be using harmful drugs or drugs period,"

        "If you have to combine holistic with herbal, drugs are gonna work their way in there somehow. Look... I like you, I like them, but I'm not letting nobody pump more drugs in her body," he disputed.

        Sighing, she looked at Renae for help but she only shrugged. Poor thing was barely paying attention to what was going on, but it wasn't her fault.

        "I did offer... hopefully you'll think it over," she said and King chuckled.

        "You wanna try something on her dat you never tried on anyone else before and expect me to let it rock? Come on Doc, nobody in dis room is slow and you have four degrees... don't insult me like dat," he told her.

        Looking between the two, Renae slowly laid back and hummed to herself as she stared at the ultrasound machine.

        Dr. Rye looked as if she wanted to tell King a thing or two about himself and his delivery of words but she respected his stance.

        "Let's move on," she said picking up her clipboard.

        King looked at Renae and she rose a brow. Smirking, he winked at her then sat down.

        "Ok... so the baby. Anything unusual?" She asked.

        "Not that I can remember," Renae answered.

        "Dad," she turned to King and he stared at her for a moment then laughed.

        "Are you mad at me?" He chuckled.

         "Pardon?"

        "King," Renae whispered grabbing his hand.

        "I was asking a question," Dr. Rye replied but he wasn't feeling it.