Chapter 54.) Miracles

"Baby," Renae hesitantly called for King as she entered his office. It's been a week and she had another 2 weeks left for her trial.

"What's wrong Nae?" He asked closing his laptop when he noticed her eyes watering.

Playing with her fingers, she looked down briefly then back up at him and threw her hands up defeatedly as she shook her head.

        She was scared as hell and it was written all over her face.

       Moving his laptop out the way, he stared at her for a moment trying to figure out if she was scared because of something bad or just being emotional.

        Being with her, he's had to learn to decipher between her moods in order to not overreact.

        "What's wrong?"

"I didn't know, I swear I didn't," she cried.

Scooting his chair back, he pulled her over and sat her on his lap and touched her stomach letting her know that he already knew.

"You're pregnant?"

"Yes...I didn't know this time... I swear I just found out this morning... I'm sorry Kingston, please don't be mad at me, I did—"

"Baybeh, breatheeee. Breathe ma, I'm not mad," he promised wiping her face and she sniffled looking at him funny.

"You're not?"

"I told you I would put one in you baybeh, I really meant dat," he chuckled then kissed her nose before hugging her.

"But... but I'm going to jaillll," she whined.

He wanted to laugh so bad because he knew she was overly dramatic with each pregnancy but he also knew she was genuinely scared.

"Stop crying... baybeh look at me," he softly ordered.

"I'm going to jail Kingston....and I'm pregnant," she hiccuped.

"No you aren't, just trust me ok? You aren't going," he assured her as he wiped her face.

Closing her eyes, she laid her head on his shoulder and cried softly as he rubbed her back.

He could always tell when she was pregnant, even when Doctor Garner couldn't, he knew her body like the back of his hand and wasn't ashamed at all.

"What if I die?" She softly asked playing with his goatee.

"I promise you won't, we're going back to Jamaica as soon as dis trial is over you hear me?"

"Promise?" She replied looking at him and he nodded kissing her nose.

Laying her head back down, she closed her eyes and smiled softly when he touched her stomach.

"I want this.... us forever, King,"

"I know baybeh, as long as I have breath in my body, you'll always have me," He promised rubbing her back.

A few minutes have gone by and she was out like a light. That gave him time to finish checking his emails, checking his payroll, he reviewed new applicants, sent Dajon an emergency text and then checked on his mom and the kids before cutting his phone off.

He sat there rubbing her flat stomach as she slept while he reflected on life. Maybe this was a sign from God, maybe this was their second and final chance to actually do right.

Renae Dreams Trilogyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें