Chapter 3.)

It was now 8:30 and Renae had just put the girls to bed and was making her way downstairs to make sure the doors were locked and the lights were out. King was currently in the shower, and doing the roundabouts were normally his thing but Renae was bored and felt like walking around.

        Hearing her phone vibrating on the coffee table, Renae rushed over seeing Keenan's name flashing and quickly picked it up.

        Waiting on the operator to finish speaking, she quickly pressed the keys and smiled big when she heard him clear his throat.

        "Zuri?"

        "Keenannnnn!" She squealed sitting in the dim living room wearing the brightest smile ever.

        "What it do? What it do? You in bed?" He asked and she shook her head as if he could see her.

        "Nope, just walking around the house,"

        "You aren't even supposed to be doing so much, why you hardheaded?" He chuckled and Renae laughed then shook her head.

        Sounds just like Kingston, she thought.

        "I'm not, I even got in a little dancing today, I'm fine and so is the baby, I swearrr,"

        "Mhm, my nephew gon' jump out the womb dancing like Breezy's bright ass," he cracked and they both laughed.

        "Don't even try it, and I'm having a girl thank you very much,"

        "Says who?" He quizzed and she giggled.

        "I know so, I had twin girls, then Ava... and... well... you know," she mumbled the last part.

        "Well, this is gonna be my nephew, I'm certain of it," he stated and she smiled.

        "You and everyone else thinks the same, just like y'all did the last time,"

       "It's different now, but I heard Dajon touched down today, he still fucking up with his girl?" She picked up on the switch in his voice and frowned.

        "No, they've been fine, for a good while... why?"

        "Just making sure, we're all too grown to be doing high school shit and I told him I would light fire to his ass once I got home," he replied.

        "Everything's cool here, did they give you an update on your release?" She asked switching topics.

        "The girls in bed?" He asked dodging her question, he knew it was an emotional subject for her and he wanted her pregnancy to go better than before.

        "Yeah, but you know Ava likes to wake up and sneak into our room," she giggled and he chuckled.

        "Give her time to adjust, you know she hates sleeping by herself,"

        "She only sleeps in her room on school nights so the girls won't wake her when they get up, other than that she sleeps in her room on the weekends,"