Chapter 12.) Kingston

It was 11 o'clock by the time the game had ended and going on 11:45 when King them had made it home. The twins were fast asleep and little Ava was trying her best to stay up with Kingston and Renae in fear of missing something.

Dajon's team had won as everyone had already expected with an official score of 114 points, 29 of them that Dajon had scored.

"What's wrong baybeh?" King asked rushing to Renae's aide when she leaned over the bed trying to catch her breath.

Ava had sat up in their bed rubbing at her tired eyes but the concern she heard in King's voice made her nervous.

"Yeah," she nodded but King could see that she wasn't.

"Luh mama go in tha' room with your sisters," he said looking at a worried Ava.

"Mommy ok Daddy?" She asked and he nodded picking her up and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"I'll be in there ok?"

"Ok," she nodded giving Renae one last glance before running out.

King sat Renae down and rubbed her back as she tried to even her breathing as tears rolled down her face.

King wasn't sure what was going on, things were fine with them at the game and even after the game. They joked the entire ride back home and even sang nursery rhymes with the girls.

"Talk to me baybeh," he pleaded when Renae squeezed his hand.

"I don't know," she cried rubbing her stomach with a shaky hand.

"Nae talk to me,"

Unable to speak, she only leaned forward and cried. It was of something King had never heard before, she cried as if she had lost a loved one. She had the cry that mimicked the pain of a mother finding her child gunned down in the street, it was that cry alone that made King nervous and it's been a while since he felt like that.

Realizing that she wasn't up to talking, King pulled her into him and rubbed her back and talked to her lowly as she continued to cry.

He allowed her to have a moment until he started worrying and wanting to know what was bothering her but she couldn't figure out what it was, a random wave of agony just washed over her and she couldn't do anything but allow it to take its course.

When she had finally calmed down, Kingston laid her down on the bed and went to check on the girls before he went ahead and ran the water in hopes of making Renae feel better.

"You wanna soak in tha' tub ma?" He asked and Renae nodded slowly as she sat up.

After dimming the lights and lighting a few scented candles, King poured some calming oil into the water then pressed the button to start up the massage bubbles before he helped Renae undress and helped her into the tub where he followed behind shortly.

They didn't say anything, and King was fine with that. He was her off and said a small prayer over her and their unborn before he let the water drain and helped her out the tub.

While Renae went to get dressed, he went ahead and showered just clearing his head trying to figure out what was bothering her, he didn't think it had anything to do with her illness because she had been cleared by Tish and Doctor Garner.

Confused was an understatement; he was lost.

After his shower, King got dressed in a pair of sweats then climbed in bed behind Renae rubbing on her growing belly as she laid there trying to shake the bad feeling she was getting.