Chapter 67.) Good news

"Hey, hey, where's Renae?" Yanna asked looking around frantically. When Karen called her to inform her of what was going on, she forgot all about her client and sped like a bat out of hell to the hospital.

       "She's back there," King nodded towards the double doors.

        Yanna slowly sat down and took a deep breath as she stared at the tv.

         King's quietness bothered her, she was used to him going crazy or at least cursing someone out but here he sat staring at the floor.

        "Are you ok?" She finally asked.

         "I'm fine," he simply replied.

        Unsure of how to take that, she studied him for a moment and he looked at her.

         "I'm ok," he repeated and this time she believed him.

        "Do you want some time to clean up? I can wait for you,"

        "I'm good," he assured.

        Nodding, she leaned back and tapped her fingers against her knee while citing a prayer to herself.

        King glanced at her briefly then smiled, "I did dat already,"

         "What?"

         "Pray," he shrugged.

         "Oh.... right," she mumbled looking around before standing.

         "You still wanna plan tha' maternity shoot?" He asked wanting to take her mind off of Renae.

         She stared at him funny and he only shrugged.

         Something is not right with him, she thought before nodding.

         "You can stop staring at me like dat, I'm good," he chuckled.

         "You don't... are you sure? It's ok if you're not," she said sitting back down.

        "You're used to me acting irrationally," he smirked and she slowly nodded.

         "I don't mean it in a bad way tho, it's the only way I'm certain of your feelings," she clarified.

        "I'm trying to change," he admitted then glanced at the doors when the buzzer went off.

         "Mr. Stone?" The lady greeted and King nodded standing.

        "I'm Doctor Rye,"

        "You must be American," Yanna observed and she smiled nodding.

         "I travel to different countries every thirteen weeks, I've toured around this particular country fourteen times. I'm normally in Africa or Ghana. Sometimes I travel to Mexico or depending on the season, I'm in the states for about a year," she explained and they only nodded.

         "My wife," King reminded.

        "Right, sorry. Ok, so she's fine. Her body was just... how can I put this? Self-cleaning. Sorta like what we do during our cycle... the baby is perfectly fine, I looked through her charts seeing that she was recently in here for a few treatments?"

        "Correct," Yanna spoke up.

         "Ok, so some of the tests that I noticed, I don't think it was the right time to begin those... especially at her stage," she said and King stared at her waiting on her to continue.