Chapter 46.) Settling in

It's been 3 days since the incident and King hadn't been in the best mood ever since. He spent the entire first night holding Kairo close to his heart as he had a long conversation with God. He knew he had to remain strong for the family, especially his daughters but at times it was hard to keep a smile on his face.

        They weren't supposed to be in Jamaica until another 3 days but with everything going on, the family agreed that it would be best to leave early. Life had a funny way of humbling a person, King would admit firsthand that he's been humbled quite a few times. But this situation.... this situation was one definitely for the books.

         It was 7 in the morning and the family had just boarded the jet. There was King, Renae, and the kids, of course, then Karen, Keenan, Claire, Dajon, and their surprised guest; Ary. Renae really began to like her and often found herself asking Dajon about her, she was sweet, quiet and to herself; things Renae liked.

          "Aye, no running," King said to Ava.

         "Sorry Daddy," she smiled innocently before following the twins.

        "Everything ok?" Karen asked placing her hand on King's back.

         "I'm coolin'," he smiled softly then handed Kairo his watch.

         Once everyone got situated, King went to speak with the pilot briefly before rejoining the adults in the lounging area.

        "What are you guys going to do for his birthday?" Claire asked smiling at Kairo as he admired King's watch.

        "He doesn't like a lot of noise, so we're trying to do something with a calm setting," Renae answered laying her head on King's arm.

        "Sensory sensitivity," Ary mumbled to herself and Dajon and Karen glanced over at her.

        "What was dat sweetheart?" Karen asked.

        "Sorry," Ary laughed nervously as she played with the rubber band on her wrist.

         "You straight, but what'd you call it?" Dajon questioned.

         "Sensory Sensitivity.... it's kinda a side effect of Autism.... doctors call it Autism Spectrum Disorder, he's just sensitive to loud noises. I was like that until I was about five, he can definitely outgrow it," she clarified.

        Renae stared at Kairo as did King, both wearing the same curious expression.

        "You don't have to look a certain way to be autistic... but in baby boy's case, this is just something temporary. I never really thought much of it the first time Dajon told me that he cries when things get loud but the day I came over, I picked up on it. Sometimes he knew I was around him and other times he was completely oblivious to my presence. He likes sounds, unless it's too loud for his ears," she further explained.

         "From what I know, autistic kids are extremely intelligent," Karen proclaimed and Claire nodded in agreement.

        "We are," Ary smiled staring at Kairo and he smiled back.

         "He's also still developing, I could be wrong with the diagnostic but I recognize the signs, don't treat him different," she added.

        "Don't plan to," King replied placing the watch on Kairo's tiny arm and he giggled wiggling his arm.

         "How did you and Dajon meet?" Claire asked.

          "She works for his big-headed ass," Dajon joked looking at King and he flicked him off.