Chapter 20.) Pay Attention

It was August 5th, today seemed to be a good day for Renae, she still had small episodes where she forgot things but she had King, Ayanna, Kwan, AND Karen to help. They've been helping her create these little word games and the girls even created a small picture book for her with nothing but drawings of them.

Bryson and Kingston got into an argument last night over Bryson's lack of help. Of course Bryson thought he was doing what a father was supposed to do but when King called him out about it things took a turn for the worst...

The other night

"Wait Mommy that's wrong," Kaari said as she took the chess piece from Renae and placed it back.

"I go, then you go, watch,"

"That's what I did," Renae laughed when Kaari showed her exactly what she just did.

"Mi kno... Mummy di King stay bak, yuh move di front pieces first. Mi nuh mek di move till yuh move, yuh nuh mek di move till mi move, oh mi lawd," Kaari shook her head then huffed as if she was fed up with life.

Renae furrowed her brows at her language switch then looked over at Kingston who was laughing his ass off.

"You pissed her off," he chuckled.

"Did she just curse me out?" She asked directing the question more to herself.

Kwan, Ayanna, and Kingston were laughing their asses off but she was genuinely curious.

"Baby gyal, yuh nuh talk lakka deh wit yur mum, shi nuh ready for it yet, yuh feel mi?" Kwan spoke and Kaari stared at Renae for a moment then nodded.

"But uncle Kwan she's messing me up," she whined.

"Oh wow... ok I just won't play then," Renae softly laughed as she got up but they could see her feelings were hurt.

Kaari watched Renae walk into the dining room with Reign and Ava then she turned to King who was giving her a disapproving look.

"I didn't mean it Daddy... it's just... she's not the same anymore and it bothers me, I don't... I don't like playing with her," she said as she put the chess set up.

Renae looked over at her for a moment wanting to say something but she knew if she spoke she would cry, so she got up and excused herself.

"Oh boy," Ayanna mumbled getting up and followed Renae into the bathroom.

"Why yuh gotta speak like deh huh? Mi nuh hab mi madda, yuh do, mi a kill fi get her bak Kaari, yuh gotta be nicer gyal," Kwan told her then shook his head.

King was still sitting there trying to find the right things to say without coming off too harsh or insensitive.

Kaari's bottom lip trembled and she threw the chess piece down attempting to run off but King grabbed her.

"I didn't mean it," she cried wiping her face. "She plays with Ava and Ray good but not me, she taught me how to play this stupid game and she doesn't even remember what to do,"

King picked her up and sat her on his lap and wiped her face with his sleeve.

"Nana says she just forgets things sometimes but it's all the time Daddy, how come she remembers how to play with them and not me? I like playing games too, but she's always messing up and I hate it!" She cried.