Chapter 44.) June 4th.... Miss Red

It's been a week since Renae and King had their "fight" and she was still giving him the silent treatment. She wouldn't let him explain himself because she forced herself to believe that he would only continue on lying to her and she hated feeling like that.

        It wasn't that he wanted to lie to her, but for right now it was best that he tried to keep her mind at ease while stretching the truth a bit. This was something that's been on his mind for quite some time and he was starting to feel like he would have to make his decision sooner than he wanted.

They were good at pretending in front of the kids, but Karen and Dajon both knew from jump that something was going on. They didn't ask because it was obvious neither King or Renae wanted to talk about it. King felt a way about Renae giving him the silent treatment the first couple of days, but after that, he just let her be mad by herself.

If she wouldn't give him a chance to explain then that was on her. He was only looking out for her and the kids, rather she cared or not, he did, which was why he let it go. He wasn't aware that just like he knew her, she knew him, and he could tell her in 4 different languages that he was being honest and she would still know that he wasn't.

At the end of the day, he was always going to make sure his family was straight even if he wasn't, but some things were better discussing upfront.

"Superstar!" Rodney, Dajon's friend exclaimed holding his arms up in the air.

        Sending a nod, Dajon handed Ava to Ary and headed towards the basketball court and dapped up a few of the guys.

        "Every time your ass finishes up a season you come back home and play, ain't you tired?" Mitchell chuckled.

        "I train all year, I hate feeling idle," he replied as he removed his shirt.

          "That's the Ary chick you be discussing on the radio?" Rodney asked watching Ary fix Ava's shoe.

        "Mhm," Dajon hummed removing his basketball from his Nike bag and dribbled it between his legs.

        "You tryna play a game or nah?" Rodney questioned.

        "We can,"

         "You playing?" Dajon asked looking at Mitchell.

        "I'll play you one on one after y'all finish,"

        Nodding, Dajon tossed him the ball and walked towards the middle with Rodney on the other side.

        When Mitchell threw it up, Dajon hit the ball on his side and Ava started cheering.

        "You playing next season or nah?" Rodney asked after Dajon made his shot.

        "I think I'm staying home for next season,"

        "What? For what?"

         "I'm trying to pick up a few cases to improve my portfolio and resume. I don't want niggas to only know me as an NBA player. I want them to know I'm a criminology major and also into African-American history?" He answered before making another shot.

         "You can always do those when you retire though b," Mitchell cut in and Rodney nodded.

        "It ain't me, I'm not tryna wait until I get bored with basketball to want to do some actual serious shit. I'm fine with switching every other year,"

        "I can respect it, like that hustle about you, you need to get us free courtside tickets though nigga," Rodney teased and Mitchell sucked his teeth.