Chapter 69.) Febuary 13th

"Welcome back," Julie smiled getting comfortable on the sofa bed once Renae and King laid down.

        "How have things been over the last couple of weeks?"

        "Crazy as hell," King admitted then chuckled.

        "Uh oh... should we talk about it?" She asked.

        "Not right now, I want to talk about some other stuff," Renae spoke up and Julie picked up her clipboard.

        "Last time we left off on the rape... would you like to begin with the abuse or your father's absence?"

        "Which one?" She whispered looking at King.

        "Which one hurts you more?" He asked.

        "Both honestly,"

        "Ok, so how about this, which one had the strongest impact on your life?" Julie quizzed and Renae tapped her chin in deep thought.

        "I think the abuse,"

        "Ok, so when did it start... let me rephrase that. When do you remember it beginning?"

        "I was young... my actual first time experiencing it and actually understanding it, I was about three... maybe four. But I was informed that I've been hit on since a baby," Renae said and Julie shook her head.

        "As a baby? Your mother beat on you as a newborn?"

        "Yup," Renae nodded then shook her head examining her hands.

        Julie studied her briefly then looked at her tattoos, "Are these your masks?"

        "Excuse me?"

         "Your tattoos.... you're covered in them, mainly your arms and shoulder... do you consider these a mask?"

        "I'm not sure... I never thought of it like that," she admitted.

        "Your first tattoo was what and where?"

        "Rose and my wrist to cover my cuts," she replied.

        Writing that down, Julie glanced at her then back down at the notes.

         "Each tattoo you have, covers up some form of pain or scar right?"

        "Yeah," Renae nodded slowly.

        Julie looked at King and rose a brow, "You knew?"

        "I did," he nodded.

        "Did that make you feel some kind of way?"

        "Nah, tattoos tell a story. She used hers as a form of wanting to forget her pain," he replied.

        "Tell me about the tattoo on your collarbone,"

        "I got hurt in this facility my mom sent me to and when I got out I went to get a tattoo to cover up the scar," she said.

        "What type of facility was it?" Julie asked jotting stuff down.

        "Supposed to be for suicide prevention but I was around a lot of unstable people..."

          "I'm going to put a star by this because I want to get more in-depth with this later on ok?" Julie said and Renae nodded.

        "Back to your childhood, how frequently did your mom hit you?"