Chapter 40.) Fears

It was May 11th, a month has passed by and King and Renae still haven't gotten a word from Kwan or Ayanna regarding the wedding. They were starting to feel as if things weren't going to go as planned and they would have to be ok with that.

They hoped things would work out better for them next year because they really did want them to get married but understood where Ayanna was coming from.

The twins were counting down the days for summer vacation and Ava was even more excited. They already had their entire summer vacation planned out and going back to Jamaica was at the top of the list but King had other plans before they did go back.

Tamia let her male 'friend' go, things just weren't working out and she wanted to cut things off before it got too deep. Lucy and Andrew were still going strong and she was thinking about having dinner with Eve included but she was still out on her nursing assignment with Alice.

She didn't think travel nursing would be something she would love but she actually enjoyed it and asked their boss if he would be upset if she decided to venture onto that rather than being idle working at the hospital back home.

He sent her a few travel agencies to look into and she thanked him for that.

Claire and Keenan were doing better, he was improving in therapy and communicating with Claire better than before. He was still getting used to the commitment life but he enjoyed her company and found himself at her house more than his mom's.

Yvon was still trying to get Bryson to move in with her but that was just a step he wasn't ready to take, at least not yet. He still hadn't healed from his last relationship and Egypt's situation, so moving in with a woman was something he was cautious about, especially after he and Lucy's dealings.

        He still couldn't figure out why Renae refused to meet Yvon but he learned to not question her reasonings and to just roll with the punches, that's exactly what he was doing.

       He was trying to get on better terms with King, but that was a fail. King paid him literal dust and it made Bryson feel small inside, he wasn't used to that.

        Dajon and Ary were still taking things slow or in other words going to the beat of their own drum. Him being there for her during her devastating time really put him in a different light. He had already won her over but him dropping everything just to make sure she was really fine and secure stole her heart entirely.

        They weren't even official but being around Dajon, his presence alone made her feel as if they were and that's all that mattered.

       Jeremy genuinely apologized to King for making him feel as if he was disrespecting his house and marriage by unknowingly flirting with Renae.

        Just like Yanna, she was soft on the eyes and he was a horny man on a mission to fulfill his missed needs as a free man, he made a mistake but he knew better now.

        It was going on 11:55 at night and King and Renae were in the club doing a paid appearance as Keyshia Cole, Heaven Sent played throughout the building as Renae and King were up in the VIP section enjoying each other's company.

        With her hair parted down the middle, Renae sported a simple causal yet cute outfit. She wore an all-black see-through cropped sweater that she paired with dark denim distressed jeans, underneath she wore high waisted fishnets, she wore black strapped heels that had diamonds at the back and to finish the look off she wore one of King's oversized denim jackets that she let rest on her shoulders.

        She had a dramatic winged liner, and pink glitter gloss on her lips with one of King's chains around her neck.

        "I think we get to have a lil preview of what goes down in the bedroom!" The DJ yelled into the mic as the spotlight found its way towards Renae and King dancing.