Chapter 61.) December 1st

It was December 1st, Bryson, Tamia, Claire, and Keenan were long gone. Tamia came to the realization that she and Renae would never be fine again and she had to be ok with having short conversations with Karen and none with King whatsoever.

        She was grown, they all were, but she had no time to beg anyone to speak to her or forgive her. The kids were back in school, the adults were back to work and King was having an unexpected popup from his parole officer.

         He wasn't supposed to be assigned a new parole officer until next year but for whatever the reason things may be, rules changed and King definitely wasn't here for it.

        It was 9 in the morning and Michael, King's p.o. was doing a walkthrough while jotting certain things down.

         "You have ten rooms here and how many adults stay here?"

         "Five," King answered following him to the other side of the hall.

        "How many kids?"

        King stared at him funny and Michael only blinked waiting on the response.

        "Four,"

        "Mhm.... in the recent reports I've seen, it showed that your wife has a history with the law.... trying to attack an officer during a fight?" He read and King frowned.

        "Isn't dis supposed to be about me?" King asked stopping him from opening the door to the room his mom and the kids were sleeping in.

        Giving him a look, Michael pushed the door open and King slowly placed his hands behind his back and took a calculated step back.

         "I need to make sure you're following protocol. You had a gathering here and had an ex-convict here.... one that's not supposed to be around you right now,"

         "I was never told dat," King replied closing the door.

          "Is there a reason you have these doors closed?" The question alone pissed King off.

        Why would doors be open if people are asleep?

        "My kids are asleep, I'm usually gone by four..... you're talking loud while opening random doors. You're doing a house search more than focusing on me," King stated.

        "I thought they were in school?"

        "My twins are in school, yes. I also have a three-year-old daughter and a son.... is dat a problem?"

          "Just making sure I have things correct," Michael replied turning the page then looked around momentarily.

         "Every three months, Wednesdays and Thursdays, I need you to fly out for our meetups and drug tests,"

          "You want me to spend two days in tha' states for a two-hour meeting? I thought I was supposed to have everything set up here?" King wrinkled his forehead.

        "Mandatory meetings and drug tests are part of this arrangement Mr. Stone. I'm only enforcing the rules I've been given. Now if you choose to not oblige that is on you, and any consequence from there is also on you,"

         "I just don't understand why I have to fly when I was told I would get everything settled out here.... help me understand dis," He replied and Michael shrugged.

         "I'm just foll—"

         "Following tha' rules.... Mhm," King cut him off.