Chapter 53.)

It was September 2nd, Renae was currently at the courthouse with Dajon, King, and some famous lawyer he knew as they sat around the table going over her case and her potential chargers if convicted.

King was trying his hardest to get Renae to forfeit and to just let him take over but she wasn't having it and Dajon could see how frustrated he was getting.

        The kids weren't back in school because King needed to make sure things were actually fine and thought out before they made any plans.

        "I've worked many cases Renae, but what I'm trying to say is, if you are convicted they're going to make sure you serve the full four years without parole. Your family has a long history and being with someone as your husband status, who also has a long history with the law.... they're definitely gonna try you. This case will be a long fight.... in and out of court for a possible six months," the lawyer explained for the third time and Renae just sat there stuck in her head about everything.

        "So what if I want to take her place? How can I do dat?" King asked ignoring the daggers Renae was shooting at him.

       "That's not what he meant," Dajon tried to intervene hitting his leg but King stopped him.

       "Look, I know my risks, but I'm not sitting back and letting her take dis shit because of me. She barely survived just two weeks in there," he stated and Renae frowned offensively.

        "Excuse me? Don't say that as if I'm afraid of being locked up or something, I got sick,"

      "I never said you were scared, baybeh just hear me out," he sighed turning towards her and she shook her head.

        "If you take her place, they'll throw the book at you Kingston,"

        "I don't give a fuck about dat shit,"

        "I do!" Renae hissed staring at him crazily.

        "Look.... there's a way we can change things around but I think it's best you two are on the same page.... Dajon, call me once they settle this," He said and Dajon nodded giving King and Renae a disapproving look before standing.

        Shaking hands, Dajon headed out the room and waited on King and Renae to walk out next.

        "What the hell was that? We talked about this at the house, you aren't supposed to say shit and you're supposed to just listen until I say something," he grilled eyeing the both of them.

        "He kept speaking out of term, not my fault," she pouted and King sucked his teeth.

        "You already knew I was gonna speak my peace,"

        "And it's gonna get your ass twenty years," Renae and Dajon stated and he shrugged.

        "Look, are we coming back next week or nah?" He asked covering Renae when a few paparazzi rushed over.

      "I'll come back without y'all asses, so damn hardheaded. I'm tryna win this case to get the charges dismissed and y'all tryna get time over yo heads.... kinda shit is this," Dajon said and King laughed.

         "It's not funny, you don't take nothing seriously,"

         "He never does," Renae laughed climbing into the backseat then yelped when King smacked her ass.

        "Mind your business,"

        "You are my business," She countered and he ignored her putting on his seatbelt.