Chapter 52.) August 21st

"I've met some crazy bitches before but you don't give off those vibes, you took the hit for your husband didn't you?" Selina, one of the older ladies asked looking at Renae.

        It's been 2 weeks since she's been in there and Renae was trying her hardest to get used to the strict rules but had a habit of arguing with the guards. They were keeping a close eye on her and would have her on laundry duty just for the hell of it.

        She wasn't able to call home like she wanted because the last argument she got into was with the female guard, and they revoked her privilege for three days which turned into nine.

        "Miss thang," Selina snapped her fingers in Renae's face.

         "What was the question?"

         "Never mind girl, you probably did do it," she laughed and Renae stared at her funny before opening her fruit cup.

          "You've been in here for fourteen years.... are you awaiting execution or something?" Renae asked.

        "They gave me life without parole, I'ma die in here," she laughed and Renae furrowed her brows.

        She noticed that a lot of the women there had a habit of laughing at their situation or brushing it off as if it wasn't a big deal. 10% of them deserved to be in there but the other 90% didn't, but to Renae, there was something off mentally with a lot of the women who's been there longer.

          "How many kids you got again?"

          "Four," Renae answered before stuffing her mouth.

        "Mmm, I got seven, they all hate me except my oldest,"

         "That's crazy," was Renae's simple reply as she ate her snacks.

        "Sup SeSe, hey newbie," Butch, the 4th oldest inmate greeted. They called her Butch, because.... well, that's exactly what she was and wore it proudly.

        "Hey," Renae gave a nod as she opened up her cinnamon raisin bun.

        "How long they holding you for?" She asked reaching for Renae's peanuts but stopped when Renae cut her eyes at her.

         "I don't know,"

         "Most of us never get a trial, the world forgets about us once we get transferred here,"

           "The state doesn't care?" Renae asked and both ladies shook their heads.

         "Have you written letters?" She asked.

        "They throw them away, we literally just started getting phone privilege two years ago and this place has been around since ninety-eight,"

         "Originally, this was built and set up for women who've created said murder crimes to be executed within a week of being here. Once people found out where a felon was going they forgot all about us. Sixteen ladies were sent here and killed within a three-month timeframe. Funny thing is, the male staff here likes to mess around with the ladies and nobody says shit about it. Last month two women were raped and the corrections department denied everything. A year ago, a young girl hung herself in the shower because they stopped giving her the medication for her diabetes, they don't care about us," Butch explained and Renae shook her head feeling sorry for them.

         "The world won't listen to our complaints because they see us as another number... although we may have made some dumb decisions we don't deserve the treatment they give us,"