Smoker x Reader (🍋)

(Requested by levi0el)

Being in a serious relationship with a marine has been hard.

And not just ANY marine.

But with Captain Smoker.

Smoker takes his job and position with great pride that you couldn't help but feel happy for him.

You remembered when you first met him, he could barely look at you without his cheeks turning red.

You were just an ordinary person walking by when a little girl had accidentally bumped her ice cream into his pants.

But seeing as how Smoker was so kind and gentle with the child is what really changed your overall impression with him.

"So cute.."

You must've said it louder than you had thought because ever since that day, Smoker would blush in embarrassment every time he saw you.

It wasn't long until you two started seeing each other more often.

It was to a point that you had welcomed him in your home in case he ever needed a break from the marine base.

But going to sleep alone had been hard as of late.

You missed his warmth.

Oh so much.

There were times that you would wake up and he would be embracing you as he slept.

But lately he hadn't been coming.

Ever since he had followed Straw Hat you hardly ever see him.

It saddened you in a way, but you knew this would happen when you dated a marine.

All you could do now is have patience with him.

But you weren't sure if you were strong enough.

Nights like these keep you up, you'd be lying on your side, facing the window.

You could feel yourself crying as you gazed up in the moon.

You wouldn't even bother wiping the tears off your face.

Usually they would keep coming until you had finally fallen asleep.

Sometimes you just wished that you and Smoker shared more memorable moments together.

More intimate moments.

You two had been together for almost a year and the most you two had done was make out while enveloped in each other's arms.

But you wouldn't go beyond that because you think he was probably too tired from his duties.

Or maybe you thought you were moving too fast by suggesting it.

But you wouldn't be lying if you've thought about it while he had his lips locked on yours.

You were so deep in your thoughts that you didn't even hear heavy footsteps approaching your bed.

You finally snapped out of your thoughts when you felt a warm embrace from behind.

 You- "O-Oh Smoker!"

Smoker smiled but it soon disappeared once he saw your tear stained cheeks.

Smoker- "What's wrong?"

Realization hit you and you quickly wiped your cheeks.

You- "O-Oh its nothing, its probably just allergies, hehe."