Sanji x Reader (Pt 1)

(Requested by ADevineLight and this is not connected to the other ones, also the song being used in this is called Mad World by Gary Jules, Why this song? because I saw a cover of it on Youtube a few years back and the girl had such an angelic voice that I just had to!)

He remembers the day he saw her.

He remembers the day he met her.

But the day he fell in love with her was the moment he treasured most.

Sure he has loved many girls, but (Y/N) holds a special place in his heart.

(Y/N) was not a fighter, which was perfect because no woman should get her hands dirty.

But he also wondered how did she catch Luffy's affention when she joined.

And how did he even communicate with her?

Sanji noticed the day he first met (Y/N) was that she was very shy.

Not shy like she gets nervous around people.

But shy as in she was very quiet.

He tried to get her to speak to him but she wouldn't budge.

No matter how hard he tried he couldn't get one syllable out of her.

He would cook her her favorite foods.

Make her favorite juices.

Make her favorite snacks.

Even make her a cookie that he knew would make anyone's day better almost instantly.

Nothing.

He started wondering if he's doing something wrong?

Had he scared her that much?

Did she not trust him?

Had she seen him expressing his feelings towards Nami and Robin?

Did he anger her and he had not realized it? 

He didn't know until he heard her voice one night.

Everyone was sleeping but he stayed up to clean up the kitchen after Luffy made a huge mess.

He was grunting to himself, annoyed that his captain had just turned his hard worked dinner into a food fight until he heard an angel's voice coming from the deck.

"All around me are familiar faces...worn out places..worn out faces..."

Sanji- "What?...Who?..Is that?.."

He quietly peeked over to the deck from the door way and saw (Y/N), kneelt down in front of 2 birds who were fighting over a piece of food, probably from Luffy's food fight earlier.

"Bright and early for their daily races..Going nowhere..Going nowhere..."

He watched in amazement as the birds had slowly stopped fighting to turn their attentions over to (Y/N), almost like they were in a trance.

Now intrigued, he quietly left the kitchen and slowly made his way over to get a closer look, careful not to make any noise to frightened her.

"Their tears are filling up their glasses..No expression..No expression...

Hide my head I want to drown my sorrow..No tomorrow...No tomorrow."

'Such a beautiful voice' He thought.

He wondered if this is why she never spoke.

Was she trying to hide this from him?

Is she not capable of speaking?