Daifuku x Katakuri x Oven (Pt 2 💀)

(this is a continuation to the previous one, you know which one)

It didn't take long for the brothers to know that Daifuku wasn't going to make it.

Katakuri saw it but couldn't prevent it.

Oven tried to be strong but it all happened too fast.

There was alot that he wanted to apologize for but he knew that he would have to live with his regret.

Bringing Daifuku back home was very hard on their end.

How were they going to explain to their family that they had lost one of their siblings?

It was already hard when Moscato was killed by his own mother, imagine by the enemy?

The trip back home was taking too long.

But the 2 brothers didn't mind, they wanted to wait a bit longer before they officially said goodbye to their brother.

But Katakuri wanted to do something before officially saying goodbye.

*PURURURU*

............

*PURURURU-KACHA*

Smothie- "Aniki."

Katakuri- "Smoothie.."

Smoothie- "How did the mission g-"

Katakuri- "-I need a favor.."

Smoothie- "...What is it?"

Katakuri- "I want you to look for a devil fruit."

Smoothie- "A devil fruit?"

Katakuri- "Yes, get as many of our brothers and sisters involved too, we mustn't let anyone else have it."

Smoothie- "What's the devil fruit?"

Katakuri - "The Hoya Hoya No Mi..."

Smoothie- "The Hoya Hoya No Mi? But that's Daifuku's Devil Fruit power."

Katakuri- "...I know.."

Smoothie- "So why do you want me to look for it if Daifuk-...."

Smoothie was quiet for a bit.

Smoothie- "Aniki...Are...Are you telling me that-?..."

Katakuri- "It hasn't been long...please find it before someone else does..."

Smoothie- "If you say so.."

_________________

Once word has gotten around about Daifuku, all our siblings searched everywhere for the devil fruit.

It nearly took all day but one of them found it.

Katakuri and Oven both agreed that if someone from their family dies then their powers should stay within the family.

But since they weren't necessarily ready to move on, they decided to just keep Daifuku's fruit sealed away until the time comes.

But when will that time be?

Its been a few weeks and times are still hard.

Some of the siblings still bring up Daifuku's name, not even realizing that he is no longer with them.

Mama wasn't even phased by Daifuku's death, she was more worried about the Poneglyph than her own son.

Even after finding out about her son's death, instead of swearing revenge on the giants, she asked if the Poneglyph was really on the island.

Katakuri and Oven were furious when they heard how selfish their mother really is.

They had put their blood and tears on this mission.

It even costed the life of a loved one in her name and in the end, for what?

To her it was not for nothing.

But that's not how they see it.

Daifuku fought in his mother's, no, his FAMILY'S name.

Even though Daifuku can be pretty cold and ruthless at times, he still cared.

Just like they all cared for him.

Daifuku's death has been getting harder each passing day.

But to Oven and Katakuri, its absolutely miserable.

Oven- "If only I were stronger..."

Katakuri- "Its not your fault Oven..."

Oven- "THEN WHAT IS?! WE WATCHED OUR OWN BROTHER GET KILLED AND YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT ITS NOT MY FAULT?!"

Katakuri- "There was nothing that couldn't be done."

Oven- "DON'T TALK LIKE THAT!! You even told me that you saw him die before it even happened, so why didn't you do anything!!"

Katakuri- "You're right, I did see it, but even if I wanted to save him...you knew we couldn't stand a chance against those giants."

Oven studdered for a bit before Katakuri saw tears streaming down his face.

Katakuri then went up to hug his younger brother.

Oven returning the hug by embracing tightly.

Katakuri- "Its okay to cry, we all miss him."

Oven- "Its just not fair! We could've saved him but-...but I wasnt-."

Katakuri- "-Its not your fault, we were just outnumbered, there was nothing that could've beendone to prevented this."

Oven- "But it still hurts.."

Katakuri- "I know, its hurting me too.."

Oven- "You don't act like it is...."

Katakuri then let out a few tears as he embraced Oven more.

Katakuri- "Believe me....it is."