@justafangirlteen

Winner from: purple ice awards

I won the Purple Ice Awards 2019 and was placed first in the Romance category. Right after the announcement for the Romance winners came out and I realized that I'd been tagged, I was pretty excited, I thought I would have placed third if anything but I was surprised when I realized that I was placed first, this definitely gave me a confidence boost to write more and in some ways gave me a sense of validation, I feel honored.

1 what inspired you to write? 

Harry Potter. I'm not joking at all. Right from when I was four or five, my parents realized that I was an avid reader, they couldn't drag me away from bookstores and libraries fast enough. When I was eleven, I devoured the entire Harry Potter series, both books and movies, in one week and this was a long time before Rowling announced the extension of the universe, so as any child who's obsessed and attached to a world she couldn't let go of, I invented characters of my own and extended the magic, so essentially I started my writing journey with fanfiction.

2 what's your favorite holiday and why? 

Does New Year count? I guess it's the Christmas – New Year time, just because I get term holidays to unwind from a hectic half year of school and also there's something about the dawn of a new year that has me motivated to be better and do better.

3 what's your favorite thing about Wattpad? 

My favourite thing about Wattpad is probably the interaction between so many different people from so many different countries, you get to listen to so many different voices and form bonds that will last forever and it's such a user friendly platform. Of course there are some people who will just hate you no matter what, but love triumphs, always.

4 if you could gain advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you ask? 

I strongly admire @hepburnettes as a writer, her writing style is elegant and beautiful, it's simple yet sophisticated and plays with the readers emotions. If I could ask her for advice, I'd ask her this – How does your writing process work?

5 what's the best way to enjoy a rainy day?

I'd sit in the balcony, have some hot chocolate and a good book to read or if I'm in the mood for writing, I'd have a pen and notebook and some music, preferably Blue Neighbourhood by Troye Sivan, that's my go to music when it rains.

 6 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do? 

My favourite celebrity changes every once in a while, but most are constant favourites and right now I'd love to spend some time with James TW. For people who don't know, James TW is a British singer – songwriter and people mostly recognize his for being Shawn Mendes' supporting act during the Handwritten tour and a part of the Illuminate tour. I think I'd do some writing with James or drag him around the entire of London, long train rides, lots of talking and just hanging out I guess.

7 what's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

The songs I enjoy change every week at least, right now I'm listening to a bunch of songs on repeat, but my favourite out of them would be Talk Me Down by Troye Sivan, it makes me want to scream and cry but also soothes my heart.

 8 Are you still surprised when you get a new vote, follow or comment?

Yes, I'm very surprised or giddy with joy. The past year has been tough on me, and this year is pretty tough too, it's all got to do with school since it's my final year and it's really hectic, I can barely catch a breather, so I've taken a hiatus from writing this year and since I don't update, I don't expect people to read my works, so I'm definitely surprised when I get comments or votes.

 9 what's your dream vacation?

My dream vacation would be to Japan. I watch way too much anime and I am obsessed with the beauty of that city, it contributes so much to the art world and definitely inspires me as a writer and artist. I'd love to visit Japan one day.

 10 what's your favorite movie? 

I have to admit, I don't have an all-time favourite movie, but my current favourite movie, one I just finished watching a week ago is Boy Erased. It's heart wrenching but so beautiful, definitely worth it.

11 what's a good piece of advice for a newcomer?

I'm not a well accomplished writer or anything, but if I had to offer up any advice, I'd say don't ever give up on writing and don't ever stop reading and learning. Writing is a skill that takes time to polish, if you give up midway, you'll never know just how far you could have come. When I look back from my writing two years ago, I know my writing has drastically improve and it will improve as I grow older, just because you learn new things and gather more experiences to share. Reading plays a major role for a writer, you have to get transported to different worlds, step into different characters' shoes and feel the emotions spread through your chest so you can get your thoughts and ideas onto paper.

 Request time

If I had to ask people to read one of my books right now, it would be Calysta and Cole, the book that won me the first place for this contest. That's the only serious writing that's on my profile for the time being, there are of course other stories I'm working on but they all have barely two or three chapters or are just contest books and I'll start writing them seriously from next year, after I graduate. Thanks for having me!

 Thanks for having me!