@Katherina_Michels

Winner from: Winter Rose Society summer awards

My short story "Bi-Bi," which is ongoing, received second place in the LGBTQ+ category of the Summer 2019 Awards.

The win means a lot to me, especially considering that "Bi-Bi" is one of my first works focused solely on the experiences of a queer woman like myself. Writing LGBTQ+ fiction has been a doorway to fully accepting myself, queerness and all, so it means the world to me when other people enjoy my work.

 1. What's the best way to spend a rainy day?

 Curled up in bed under the blankets, listening to the rain and catching up on my reading. There's nothing better than a good book and a warm bed on a rainy day!

 2. What inspired you to write? 

I have always enjoyed reading and telling stories, even when I was as young as three or four. So even though I don't really believe in destiny or fate, you could say it was fate! My love of books and storytelling led to me writing my ideas down, I found the lovely world of online writing platforms like Miss Literati and eventually Wattpad, and the rest is history! 

3. What's a good piece of advice for a newcomer? 

For a newcomer to writing in general: don't worry about being great right off the bat. Everyone starts out as an amateur, and it's only through lots of practice that you get better. So don't worry about how good you are, and don't compare yourself to other people. Just focus on where you are right now, and have fun, because why write if it isn't fun?For a newcomer to Wattpad: first of all, welcome to Wattpad! If you're new here, my best advice to you is to 1) get involved with the community (read, comment, vote on other people's works, join contests, chat in the forums) and 2) be patient. Patience is tough, but it takes time to get noticed on Wattpad. I promise that it is worth it, you just have to engage with the community and wait for the results. Good luck!

4. What's one Wattpad goal? 

One of my long-time Wattpad goals is to win a Watty. I don't know if it will ever happen, because EVERYBODY wants to win a Watty, but a woman can dream!

 5. How would you celebrate a publishing deal?

 Buy a cake and throw a party! Literally. If I've received (and accepted, that's important) a publishing deal, why not throw myself a little party? Querying, finding an agent, finding good publishing deals, and then actually accepting one is hard work! Reward yourself! 

6. What's your schedule regarding your writing?

 Unfortunately, I don't really have a concrete schedule going on right now. I really should, but I'm bad at time management and planning in general. So I make sure that I write almost every day, at least for 10-30 minutes, but beyond that... I don't have a writing schedule. Hopefully someday that will change.

 7. What's your dream vacation? 

Hmm...that's a good question, my family was never big on vacations so I've never though very long and hard about this before. Maybe traveling through Europe or Asia, but honestly, that's more work than vacation, you know? A perfect vacation would be spending an extended weekend somewhere beautiful with my future significant other. Either a ski slope with a cozy cabin, or a little house by the beach, or something else picturesque and calming like that. 

8 Are you still surprised when you get a new vote, follow or comment? 

A little bit, yeah, especially when they build up. One vote or comment is like, "Oh, cool, someone liked my work!" But when I see tons of votes or comments in my notifications, I get really excited. Especially comments. I LOVE comments. Seriously, please comment what you're thinking. Authors literally live off of feedback from readers. It's our lifeblood. 

9. What's your favorite holiday and why? 

Christmas! I'm agnostic, but I will always love the warmth and cheer and food and happiness associated with the Christmas holidays. I think I will always celebrate it.

10. What's your favorite movie? 

Oh, shoot, that's hard. I don't watch a lot of movies (or shows), so these questions are always so hard for me. I'm going to go with a humorous answer and say "Monty Python and the Holy Grail." I think my friends and I have watched it at least four or five times together when we're in the mood for a good laugh. 

11. What's your favorite snack? 

That's almost the toughest question in existence! Um... I would say one of three things: 1) brownies, 2) chocolate chip cookies, or 3) potato chips. 

Request time!

One of my books that you guys should consider reading (besides "Bi-Bi" ;)) is "Locked Away." It's ongoing, a middle grade fantasy novella about two girls who end up stumbling upon a door to another realm, where they are the Chosen Ones sent to defeat an evil witch disturbing the uneasy peace between two kingdoms. And, of course, there are queer characters. ;)

 ;)