@Apcaruso

Placement: 3rd Place Romance Category, Winter Rose Awards 2019 - Summer Edition (June 2019)

 Placing 3rd in the Romance Category of the Winter Rose Awards 2019 is a great accomplishment for me. I know how difficult it is for the judges to come to a decision – there are so many wonderful stories out there.

1. What inspired you to write? 

I have always had stories running through my mind throughout my life. There is always a fictional dialogue of some sort in my thoughts. I finally had the courage to organize these dialogues into a story and put it all down in writing. 

2. What is your favorite holiday and why?

 My favorite holiday is Halloween. Apart from my love for candy, Halloween brings back cherished childhood memories. I also love the mysterious air that lingers on the streets that night as children go trick-or-treating, dressed as anything they wish to be – for that one night of the year.

3. What is your favorite snack? 

When I am on a health-kick, my favorite snack is almonds and fresh fruit. When I'm feeling a little more naughty, I love black licorice.

4. What's your favorite thing about Wattpad?

 My favorite thing about Wattpad is the ability to contact other writers/ readers. It has helped me meet some pretty awesome people and read some amazing stories.

 5. What's one Wattpad goal?

 My main goal with Wattpad is to get my story out there. I love to hear what people have to say about it. I always take suggestions to heart and appreciate every minute a complete stranger spends towards reading my work.

 6. If you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do?

 I have a great appreciation for all celebrities, whichever field they are in. The fact that they never have privacy or have to live every moment of their lives (good or bad) under the spotlight must be very nerve-wracking. Even if I had the chance to spend a day with any one of them, I would probably opt out of it in the spirit of respecting their privacy and allowing them a day off.

7. What's a good piece of advice for a newcomer? 

Well, I am certainly a newcomer myself, so I'm still waiting for that great pearl of wisdom. I try to remind myself to take things one day at a time and that some days will be better than others in terms of writing successes and milestones. 

8. Are you still surprised when you get a new vote, follow, or comment? 

Always! When a person I have never met chooses to spend whatever free time they have to read my story, I am always deeply humbled.

 9. What's your schedule regarding your writing? 

These days, I have found very little time to dedicate to writing due to work and family commitments, but when I am in full-writing mode, I usually do it late at night when the house is quiet and when I can be alone with my thoughts.

 10. What's your favorite movie? 

My favorite movie is Something's Gotta Give. I could watch that over and over again, any given day. 

11. How would you spend a rainy day? 

On my ideal rainy day, I would be sheltered from the weather, but still able to see, hear and take in its scent. I would be on a porch swing wrapped in a soft blanket, sipping a cup of tea, and watching the rain come down. I love the sound of rain coming down on a roof or in already-formed puddles on the ground. Add thunder and lightning, and I'm 100% content.

request time!

OPEN CLARITY is my first novel. It is, fundamentally, a story of love and of hope, but it also explores the possibility of soul travel and of the existence of an underlying reality that any one of us can come to know - if we pay close enough attention.

   It is, fundamentally, a story of love and of hope, but it also explores the possibility of soul travel and of the existence of an underlying reality that any one of us can come to know - if we pay close enough attention