@GotTheStyles

Contest: the sass awards
Placement: 1st place in short story

Won first place in the short story category in The Sass Awards, for a collection of short stories called; Songs My Mother Taught Me.

1) What inspired you to write? 

Reading fanfics a few years ago! I've always had a really vivid imagination and writing has been such a release for me. It lets me daydream onto a page. 

2) What is one Wattpad goal?

 My main goal is to complete all of the stories I have saved in my unpublished works (I have over 50!) I love watching my list of published stories grow. I'd love to have loads and loads of stories on here one day. Every one is like a little world that I got lost in for a while.

3) what's your favourite holiday and why?

 Christmas, just because it's so oriented at bringing family together; relaxing, playing games and eating loads. It's honestly my favourite time of year, I love everything from Christmas songs to buying presents and filling stockings. The whole thing just makes me so happy.Every year I get so excited on Christmas Eve that I can never sleep! 

4) What's your schedule regarding writing? 

Well my schedule regarding WRITING is actually very good, I write at least four times a week- usually little random things that haven't seen the light of day yet. I've got almost entirely written stories sat in my unpublished works that I've spent weeks working on.

My schedule regarding updating is sometimes crap though. It always shocks me that anyone sticks around to wait! They either get an update every day for 5 days or nothing for weeks. I'm sorry. I'm trying really hard to be better! 

5) what's your dream vacation?

 Well, I'm backpacking so I'm pretty much on my dream holiday constantly! My list of places I still want to visit is so long that I don't have time to even get into it here...

 6) How would you celebrate a publishing deal? 

I'd fly straight over to my Gran in Ireland, have her homemade mince and dumplings and a glass of stout with her in the garden.She's the only person outside of Wattpad I've ever let read my writing and her home is the place I'm happiest in the world, so I couldn't think of anywhere better to celebrate.

 7) If you were to hang out with your favourite celeb for the day who would you choose and what would you do? 

I'd meet David Attenborough in his favourite place and I'd just spent the entire afternoon listening to him talk about his life. That would actually be heaven.

8) What's a good piece of advice for a newcomer?

 Focus on enjoying writing and getting to know people. The community here is so lovely and everyone is so helpful. Don't worry about attracting readers, they'll come in time. Just write for the pure pleasure of it, for yourself. 

9) Are you still surprised when you get a new vote, follow or comment?

 On some things more than others. My most popular stories get a lot more attention, but on stuff like Songs My Mother Taught Me, or my short stories, it's always a bit of a surprise when someone finds them! I appreciate everyone who takes time to read anything I've written. I love it when they let me know what they've thought. It's always a real buzz to think that someone has enjoyed something you've created. 

10) What's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist? 

Oh man, I can't do this or I'll be here all day. Let me just say what I'm listening to right at this minute ; Pale Blue Eyes by Velvet Underground.

11) How would you spend a rainy day? 

Curled up in a little pillow/blanket fort on my bed, reading and snacking. 

request time!
The story I'm going to mention here is Songs My Mother Taught Me. Each story is just 24 hours in the life of the character and each character is from a different background/different period in history. I spend time getting into each characters head, really getting to know them before I write their stories. I like to really know them before I start writing. It's a little project that I have a lot of plans for and that I get a lot of pleasure from. And why I think someone should read it? The collection should come across to the reader as a series of unique voices. I think it offers something a little different!

 I think it offers something a little different!