@KendallBlacc

Winner from: Teen Fiction Awards 

I placed 3rd in Teen Fiction Awards.

1 what's the best way to spend a rainy day?

Basically, I think rainy days are best spent sleeping or singing way too loud because no one can hear me. But I spend most of my rainy days now snuggling my pet pig and munching on chocolate.

 2 are you still surprised when you get a new vote, follow or comment? 

Well, no, not really. The second day after posting my book, i woke up to about 80 reads and I was totally freaking out, but it doesn't surprise me much anymore. I have some of my close friends reading my book and they keep telling me how good it is (even though I think it needs a lot of work) and they've succeeded in making me swollen headed. Lol.

3 what's a good piece of advice for a newcomer?

I encourage them to read a lot of books before beginning to write. Pick a writing tip from this book, a little from another and voila! To be a writer, you have to be a good reader too. Reading other books also allows you to know how a book should look like in terms of punctuation and spacing. I'll also advice them to be determined and not to give up when they have only few reads. 

4 if you could gain advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you ask?

James Patterson is my favourite writer but I don't think I'd have any questions for him. I'm just interested in his backstory and I'll probably ask him to review my works.

 5 what's your favorite holiday and why?

My favourite holiday is Christmas. I'm not very devoted to my Christianity and that makes me feel bad, but I love Christmas because of what it signifies. The birth of Jesus Christ symbolizes hope for the world. I also like that here in Ghana, it's an excuse to go on an endless shopping spree and eat at the fanciest restaurants.

 6 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do? 

I'd hang out with Christiano Ronaldo. We'll watch horror movies and take selfies and eat ice cream and make dance videos. I'd probably persuade him to let me paint his nails and then he'd let me touch all his trophies. Last, I'd make him pick any of his fans on IG and send them a dm and we'd just laugh when he/she freaks out.

7 what's your favorite snack?

My favourite snack is a Ghanaian snack called Nkatie Burger. I also like Snickers and Twix.

 8 what's your dream vacation? 

Paris, then to Dubai, then the Carribeans, England, then to Jamaica and South Africa.

9 what's your schedule regarding your writing? 

I'm not writing right now because I have problems with my laptop but when I get another, I'll try to update once a week, probably on Mondays.

10 how would you celebrate a publishing deal?

I'd eat a lot of chocolate. But my parents will probably go bonkers and throw some huge party for me or something dramatic like that. Parents.

request time!

Broken is a teen fiction with a much different plot than all others. I like to pride myself that it's original and non-cliche. Moreover, it's not set in USA so it gives readers more insight on what happens in other countries around the world. Also, to you who don't know that Africa is not a country and to all who think that once we are Africans, we live with wildlife, I hope this book enlightens you. Broken also addresses the canker of modern slavery. People being sent away from their homes with a promise of a better life but are rather forced to work as slaves.