@gentlebull

Placement: first place in science fiction
Winner from: earnest community

The win felt spectacular, and I was obviously very proud. Cilyber is my first ever completed novel, and to get first place over other AMAZING books and authors who deserved to win probably more than I did - it's truly a great feeling. I am extremely grateful for having this opportunity to shine, and I know everyone else in the competition will eventually get theirs.

1 What's the best thing about Wattpad?

The best thing about Wattpad is the community. Honestly, you can find such a large amount of sub-communities beneath the surface of the entire app/site, and most people are amazing! Everyone is here to read and write, making it an amazing creative outlet. I think that's what makes the place really shine.

2 What inspired you to write?

I've always had a fascination with stories, and after reading hundreds of books and novels, I eventually started to pour my own ideas onto paper. As they say, practice makes perfect, and I never stopped reading and writing, getting better and better as the days passed. I still have a lot of work to do, but... Hopefully I'll get there

 3 What is your favorite book? 

My favorite book is "Wizard and Glass" by Stephen King. It's book 4 of The Dark Tower series.

4 What's your dream vacation? 

My dream vacation? Somewhere quiet, fast internet, a book, and a notepad. Other details don't matter to me.

5 What's your writing schedule?

I write every single day, usually in transportation to school and back or whenever I'm alone. I always have music playing in my earphones and my fingers doing their thing.

 6 How would you celebrate a publishing deal? 

Writing another book! Getting a publishing deal only means I'm good enough to be out there, and that would be such a huge inspiration to keep on writing, if anything, to write more.

7 What is one tip you'd give a newcomer?

Read as much as you can. Borrow elements you feel would fit your style, gather a strong vocabulary, and ask others to rate your work. Always accept criticism.

 8 What's one Wattpad goal? 

Winning the Wattys, or getting featured by Wattpad. Definitely one of my dreams, one I intend to make a goal. Soon enough.

9 If you could earn advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you ask? 

I'd definitely ask Stephen King for advice. Even though he's written plenty of writing advice, I always gobbled it up and was hungry for more. I'd ask him how he describes his setting so artistically.

10 Who is your favorite celeb? 

Favorite celebrity? I'd say... Hugh Jackman? It's a difficult question, and I'm not a person who follows up with actors and artists, but I really like Hugh Jackman's movies, especially The Prestige. Masterpiece.

11 What's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

I enjoy The Avalanches' songs! They're very underrated, and I think their style is simultaneously bizarre and interesting. 

request time!

I'd ask of the reader to read the same book I'm here today for: Cilyber. It's a cyberpunk (science fiction) novel, recently completed. It's an entirely new concept that draws slight inspiration from other sources from similar genres.