@CarolineDonica

placement: first place  Garnet Winner

winner from: Monthly Awards

I really appreciate the work that went into The Monthly Awards. I was not expecting to win first place and was so honored to be selected.

1 what's your favorite thing about Wattpad? 

My favorite thing about Wattpad is the community. I really appreciate the honest feedback and support from readers. I also love reading other people's books and seeing their growth.

2 what is your favorite holiday and why? 

My favorite holiday is New Year's Eve. There seems to be something magical about time changing and moving forward.

3 what inspired you to write? 

 I have always loved writing because I love stories. My passion for storytelling is one of the main reasons that I am currently pursuing a career as an actress.

4 what's a good piece of advice for a newcomer?

Read. Read everything. The more you read, the more you learn about writing. You see what works and what doesn't, and you discover the genres, styles, and forms that move you.

 5 Are you still surprised when you get a new vote, follow or comment?

I am always surprised when people like my work! I'm extremely critical of my writing, so it's super exciting when other people enjoy my books.

 6 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who you choose and what would you do? 

I would love to spend a day with Lin-Manuel Miranda or Sandra Oh. I would definitely hope that I would be spending time with them because we would be in a film or a musical together. Ah, dreams!

7 what's your schedule regarding your writing?

I was trying to publish a chapter weekly, but now that I'm in graduate school, my schedule has gone out the window. I'm hoping to be able to write more this summer before heading to Spain for vacation.

 8 what's your dream vacation? 

My dream vacation would be a long world tour where I get to spend a month in every country to really get in touch with different cultures. I find so much inspiration from meeting other people, seeing different landscapes, and adventuring in other countries.

9 what's your favorite book? 

It would be impossible for me to pick my favorite book because I love so many. Some of my favorite books are Les Miserables, Graceling, The Lord of the Rings, 'Til We Have Faces, and more.

10 what's your favorite snack? 

My favorite snack is Trader's Joe's plantain chips. They are so good. I've never found another type of plantain chips that are as good.

11 how would you spend a rainy day? 

Because I'm in graduate school, I would probably spend a rainy day catching up on my sleep and homework. Super boring, I know.

Request time!

If people would take time to read my book "Flying," I would really appreciate it. I would love feedback on the story and characters! "Flying" is a re-interpretation of Peter Pan that follows the story of a girl named Jimmy. Jimmy has been the guardian of Neverland longer than she can remember. She thinks solitude suits her well as the magical island is carefully guarded from outside worlds. However, one day, a strange boy washes up on the shore. His complicated past, uncertain future, and outlaw brother threaten Jimmy's sanctuary.

 His complicated past, uncertain future, and outlaw brother threaten Jimmy's sanctuary