@charlottemallory

placement: 3rd place in werewolf category 

contest:Mystique Awards

First of all the win is some amazing validation that my story is actually worth something, and it really humbles me. It also tells me that I have done something right for the category. It also really inspires me to keep writing and honing my craft. I also feel incredibly grateful and an overwhelming sense appreciation for those that enjoy the story and follow it. It just makes me proud, overall!

1 If you had the chance to spend the day with your favorite celeb, who would you choose and what would you do? 

Haha Oooh boy. This is a hard one! I don't really have a favorite celebrity as I don't really follow much of that, but Dwayne Johnson seems like an alright dude. I think hanging out with him and Kevin Hart would be fantastic. Or Sarah Paulson. She seems like she is a blast to hang out with. I'd wanna just go to a bar with everyone and talk. Or maybe play some kind of sport/game too!

2 What's the best piece of advice you can provide a newcomer? 

There are a lot of avenues to take in writing, but the one that everyone seems to have to go down is criticism. Get your stories reviewed as early as possible. It's a lot better to learn of major errors in chapter 1 versus 30 chapters in, and realizing you built an entire story on a shaky premise. Once you can accept criticism, your story is bound to shine at some point.

 3 What inspired you to write? 

I was going for a walk one day and was daydreaming about something and realized that daydream would make an awesome novel. Then it sort of spiraled from there. I've always loved writing and am a story teller at heart, so putting my imagination to paper seemed like a natural decision.

 4 What's the best way to handle a bully? 

Ultimately? Don't feed the troll. When they make their meanest comment, pretend like you don't care, even if you do. People only bully to get a rise out of someone, or to hurt someone. So if you are indifferent, it ultimately starves them of the attention they're seeking and then they move on. I've also found witty comebacks work wonderfully on some as well.

 5 What is one Wattpad goal?

 To get my story featured on some official Wattpad list. 

6 What's your favorite snack?

 Ice cream! 

7 What's your dream vacation? 

Going somewhere in Europe or going to the mountains, by a lake, and just relaxing. 

8 Who is your favorite author?

 As a writer I feel like I should have an answer for this, but so far I don't! My interest comes and goes for authors, and it's mostly about the story for me than the author. Right now I haven't really had time to read, but I do watch a lot of YouTube videos while working out. Jenna Moreci is an author on there and she gives some of the best advice.

9 Are you still surprised when you gain a new vote, follower or comment? 

So far I am. I think for me, it's when votes or follows spike that makes me feel incredibly humbled. 

10 What is your favorite book? 

Oh man there are simply too many to list. I don't know why but Jurassic Park came to mind, haha. That one really stuck with me for a long time. 

11 How would you celebrate a publishing deal? 

Oh my goodness I think I'd go out to eat, buy some wine, and just randomly squeal for a week straight. And then I'd get to working on my next novel ASAP.

Request time!

I have a few right now, but I will mention Judge's Vanquish. It's a romance story set in the future and is dystopian, but not the usual kind. Society ended in 1976 due to a plague and war and reverted back to the 1800s in terms of technology and some of the societal rules. The story starts in the 2100s right on the cusp of recovering the momentum that was lost. That's when we meet our Heroine Vanessa. She engaged in a sort of forbidden/unrecognized relationship with the Judge of Ryne (Judges are rulers in this new future). She is a dancer in his court and therefore is not suitable to be courting him, but they continue it anyways. A ton of external conflicts appear that heat up the pressure that the relationship undergoes and it makes for a gripping read! 

 A ton of external conflicts appear that heat up the pressure that the relationship undergoes and it makes for a gripping read! 

As for my Blood Type R story that won? Well, it's a werewolf story you probably haven't seen. That's what everyone keeps telling me. And that's exactly what I was going for! If you want werewolf culture, then it's the story for you!

 And that's exactly what I was going for! If you want werewolf culture, then it's the story for you!