@-desolations

Winner from: the novel contest 2019

1 what inspired you to write?

I've always had these ideas in my head, and when I was younger, I used to draw books (sort of like comics). Eventually, just drawing wasn't enough and I began writing my ideas. To me, seeing worlds come alive through my words was amazing - and still is.

 2 what's your favorite snack? 

I love chips. I know they're unhealthy and all of that, but I love them.

3 what's your favorite holiday and why?

I really like the Christmas season because even some of the unhappiest people seem jolly. Christmas music plays on the radio all day long and the songs get stuck in my head. It's cold and I drink hot chocolate to warm me up.

 4 what's your favorite thing about Wattpad? 

Unlike reading paper books, you get to interact with other readers. I'm constantly finding new friends here and it's pretty much the extent of my social interaction.

5 Are you still surprised when you get a new vote, follow or comment?

Every time. It's exciting to know that someone out there is interested in what I have to say.

 6 what's one Wattpad goal? 

I want to write a successful book on here one day and I want to write a book that means something. I want people to reach the end and reflect on it - reflect on themselves.

7 what's your dream vacation?

I live in a place with really temperamental and hot weather, so I want to go somewhere cold. Like Alaska, I've always wanted to live in a small town Alaska, but visiting would be enough for now. I want my mom to be with me because she loves to travel.

 8 what's your schedule regarding your writing? 

I don't really have a schedule at the moment for any of my books. I doubt my poetry book will ever have a update schedule and my current novel is being rewritten, but my it'll get a schedule when i start posting it again.

9 what's the best way to spend a rainy day?

Rain is my aesthetic haha. The rain sounds amazing when you lie down to sleep, but other than that, I'd be writing. It's actually raining right now because it's hurricane season and it always rains during hurricane season. I plan on doing some writing for as long as it continues to rain.

 10 what's your favorite book? 

My favorite book is "All the Bright Places". It's one of those books that hurt but make you happy at the same time. It makes you reflect on your life and your future and basically hurls you into a crisis, but it's a wonderful book.

11 if you could gain advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you ask? 

I'm looking at you, Shakespeare. I'll always have a special place in my heart for his pretentious yet beautiful writing. I'd probably want to ask him how he writes things that are relevant no matter how much time has passed because that's amazing.

Request time!

I would recommend reading Paper Girls, although not at this moment because it's being taken down and rewritten. This book depicts realistic struggles of things most people are too afraid to admit,