@WeCatchKisses

placement: 3rd place in adventure/action/ spiritual 

contest: The royalty awards 

What inspired you to write ?

 I started writing when I was sixteen because at the age of fourteen I learned how to read. I'm a dyslexic. So after learning how to read I decided that writing would be the next best way to help with my disability and then The House of Hidden Things was born. After finding wattpad and creating new worlds to match the worlds I've been reading about, it became something that clicked almost instantly. As well as the writers block and the headaches. Though, I'm sure that everyone can relate to that. 

2. What is my one Wattpad goal?

 My one goal is to break the 10K on my story. I think I'd buy myself a large cake if that happened. With double chocolate frosting..... 

3. Am I still surprised when I gain a new vote, comment or follow? 

Absolutely! I think it's really easy to get stuck in my library on wattpad and I always find it such a thrill to get someone who thought my work was enough to gain a follow or a vote. I'm even blown away when my read count goes up. I screen shot everyone. My family and I have a counter to see if I can reach 10K and we have a small family high five session when I go up a hundred reads.

 4. How would I celebrate a publishing deal?

 Cry and maybe run out onto the sidewalk and scream it to the neighbors. But when I got the physical copy in my hands I'd go back to my sixth grade teacher and tell her to mind her business cause I did end up a writer after all.

5. What's your schedule regarding your writing?

 Because I have a full time job, I try for 200 words a day. Simple but surprisingly effective. 

6. What's your favourite Holiday? 

Halloween. 

7. How would I spend a rainy day? 

Cleaning and listening to audiobooks while I do it. Or maybe a nice nap with the window open. 

8.What song do I enjoy?

 I See Fire but the cover done by Zyrah Rose. The perfect writing song 

9. What's your dream vacation? 

Any place with a museum. I'm a huge history junky. 

10.  What's your favourite book?

 Either the Hobbit or Jurassic Park. 

11. If you could gain advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you ask?

 Favorite author would have to be Stephanie Garber at the moment, and I would ask how does she plot her stories because I could use really use the help.

request time

The house of hidden things is a story about mistrust, and well fairy dust but that's a small spoiler

The house of hidden things is a story about mistrust, and well fairy dust but that's a small spoiler. The story centers around Charlotte Whitfield, a girl who's known her whole life that her grandfather was crazy. He believes and told stories about dragons living in water fountains and fairies making small homes in shoes. After he died, Charlotte never went back to her grandparents. Until she gets a letter from her dying grandmother where she discovers her grandfathers life's work. . A discovery with consequences in the shape of a man. A man who shows up covered in blood.I've been told it's a great book for those who like old time fairy tales and just a pinch of deception. But by all means, come figure it out for you self.