@Somethingyoucanfeel

Placement: 1st place

Contest: Litwits Poetry contest

 I am greatly honored to have won the Poetry Contest. I feel that my work is being embraced by most ethnicity groups and that it's making an impact how it is intended to.

Q 1: what's the best way to handle a bully?

 I feel the best way to handle a bully would be to ignore the person(s) and to not let verbal insults and gestures affect you altogether and hopefully they will see this and leave you alone. Though if it is physical abuse you should speak to someone of authority (advised for Elementary & Junior High school kids) If you are over the age of 15+ you really are the only person you can depend on because when I was in Junior High, teachers I spoke with didn't take my complaints of students bothering me serious. In a way I was forced to defend myself when things became physical (though going to teachers or my parents did help with having proof that there was ongoing harassment after I fought  back against the assailant(s). So I recommend joining a boxing gym and exercising so you'll learn how to properly protect yourself (only the weak resolve issues with weapons) and also exercising builds self-esteem.

Q 2: are you still surprised when you get a new vote, follow or comment?

 Honestly each follow, vote etc is noticed and greatly appreciated especially due to the fact that what I write about and the subjects I speak on are sensitive. So each comment and read I receive reflects on how many people I am reaching with my message. 

Q 3: who is your favorite author?

My favorite Author would be James Patterson, I have a thing for action packed novels. Then Urban Novelist, Nathan McCall. His honest depiction of the street-life and fatherhood as a black man in his book "Makes Me Wanna Holler" that's based on his life growing up is gritty and real.

I don't necessarily have a favorite "Wattpad" writer, though I have a few writers who I admire such as author @BookskiBabii of "Dear Boo", author @DerekBolton of his suspenseful and thrilling horror novel "Nightmare"! Last but not least I enjoy @ChrissyMReau81's  supernatural and horror book "The Brother's Curse".

Q 4: what's your schedule regarding your writing?

 Most of my time is spent working as a Nurse Assistant and right now I get enough downtime to get my writing done. A times I get writer's block . . though I'm working on a lot of material at this moment !

 Q 5: what's your favorite holiday and why? 

 I don't have a particular favorite holiday, though on June 16th, I like to have a drink and a smoke while listening to the late and Legendary Tupac Shakur's birthday. 

Q 6: what's your favorite thing about Wattpad?

 My favorite thing about Wattpad is that it's a platform that allow upcoming Writers to prepublish their material while other readers and writers are able to check out their work as they continue to craft it. That's dope. And since it takes so much to get noticed as a writer, Wattpad in a way has changed the game for the "New Age" writers to where we all can get publicly noticed at a quicker rate ! 

Q7: what inspired you to write?

 What inspired me to write was from a reaction I got from my Junior High English teacher and the students when I did this horror story for the week of Halloween. She very impressed by the story and persuaded me to continue to make more. And at the time, I was a terrible student. I was always in trouble, basically a hellraiser. So for me to see something I created get this type of reaction out of her, it inspired me to write more. It was like a drug and I wanted to see that same reaction out of other people !

Q 8: how would you celebrate a publishing deal?

 I would celebrate a publishing deal with my closest friends at my place surrounded by drinks and smokes and good food that I cooked. I also would enjoy playing Spades or Black Jack (Im aware these are games for someone older. .)

 Q 9: what's a good piece of advice for a newcomer ?

My advice for a newcomer would be to find as many new friends on here or even someone that's new to Wattpad the same as them, support them, offer feedback on their work and broaden your choice of books to read. This way, you'll be open to different genres and you'll progress more as a writer. Also I would tell a newcomer to stick to what they wish to do as far as writing. If you feel that this is your calling or "gift" then be the best at what you do and always remain humble.

Q 10: what is one Wattpad goal?

 A Wattpad goal of mine is to see my new friends and the people I follow achieve their dream of becoming a published author. 

Q 11: how would you spend a rainy day?

 I would spend a rainy day listening to Marvin Gaye and a drink in hand while hanging with a close friend or my girl.

request time

A book I would recommend reading is by my good friend @BookskiBabii. Her book "Dear Boo", is a book that's based on helping people especially young adults with depression, anxiety and other issues we all face on a daily basis. Last but not least, I recommend checking out my buddy,

@KDLias' book "Game Over" if you are a fan of Supernatural and Horror novels. Great imagery and suspenseful storytelling.