@RedasNight

Placement: 1st place
Contest: WordSmith's Melee (FaeFolk) 

I was stunned when I saw the notification that I had won! There were so many great contenders, so many wonderful stories in the contest, I was shocked to see my name mentioned at all when they announced the top three, let alone first place. It means a great deal to me, especially because I've been caught in a bit of writer's block recently. It helps a lot, knowing readers think my story worth reading 

1 What is your favorite holiday and why? 

My favorite holiday is Christmas, but not for the common reasons. I love the feeling that comes with the holiday season. Everyone's a bit friendlier, the lights and decorations are warm and inviting, and you get to spend quality time with family and friends. There are cozy nights by the fire, cookies to be made, gentle snows, and the true joy of sharing moments with the people you care most about in life.

 2 What's the best way to handle a bully?

 I'm not so sure there is one "best" way to handle a bully. I think it depends on the type of person who is doing the bullying and what they are doing. But I do think it's always important to tell someone you trust who can help you handle the situation in an appropriate way.

3 What's your favorite book? 

This is tricky. I don't think I have a "favorite" book. I love Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman. Her writing is absolutely beautiful and very distinct. I also love The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Again, a beautiful writer and storyteller. And of course, I'll always hold a special place in my heart for Harry Potter.

4 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do?

I think I would pick Jennifer Lawrence. I think she would come up with a lot of weird, but outrageously fun activities to do for the day. 

5 if you could gain advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you ask? 

I think I would have to ask J.K. Rowling as I've looked up to her since I was a little kid. And I would ask how she handles two things I struggle with: writer's block and revisions.

 6 What's your dream vacation? 

I've always wanted to visit the Maldives. They're at the top of my list! 

7 Are you still surprised when you gain a new vote, follow or comment? 

Yes, always! It's a wonderful feeling to see readers taking an interest in your story. Especially on Wattpad, where there are thousands of stories and hundreds of amazing writers, it is always exciting to see someone interact with your words, your characters. 

8 what's a good piece of advice for a newcomer? 

Don't get overwhelmed. I remember when I first joined Wattpad, it was hard for me to wrap my head around it all and to learn to use the platform, interact with other writers, and gain readers. It can feel like a bit of a void. But if you take it slow and utilize the threads and community profiles you can always come across friendly people willing to show you the ropes. After that, just don't stop writing. The old cliché, if you never stop trying, you never truly fail, is especially true when it comes to writing.

 9 what's your favorite snack?

 I love a good acai bowl! But my guilty pleasure snack of choice is definitely caramelized popcorn.

10 What's your favorite thing about Wattpad?

I love that you can always discover something new, no matter how much time you spend roaming the site. There are some true hidden gems on Wattpad if you're willing to look.

 11 what's your favorite movie? 

I'm not a big movie person, but I love the HBO series Game of Thrones.

Request time!

I think I'd have to recommend the book that won, Carnival Souls. I've put a lot of work into it so far (even though it's still got a long way to go), and I'd like to think it's a good story that keeps the reader guessing. And I always love seeing how readers react to the story and what their predictions might be!