@QueenMimi96

winner from: 1st Place Winner of the Thankful Awards 2018

1 what's one Wattpad goal? 

Ever since I first started posting my work on here, I always wanted to be a Wattpad Featured Author. Definitely not the easiest thing to do, I know! haha. But that's one goal I'm still working hard to hopefully achieve someday.

2 what's the best way to spend a rainy day?

Hm, for me it would probably be just curling up in bed watching The Vampire Diaries and eating snacks. I'm very low-key in that way on rainy days.

 3 how would you celebrate a publishing deal?

Oh my gosh, well, I'm assuming you mean after I wake up from passing out from shock? Haha! Well, first, I'd let all my family and friends know right before I'd announce it to my readers who helped me achieve that goal and get to that point in my writing career. And afterwards, I would probably go see a movie or hang out with my friends. Whenever something really life-changing like that happens to me, I always try to chill out and bring myself back down to earth.

 4 Are you still surprised when you get a new vote, follow or comment? 

Absolutely! Honestly, whenever I get a new notification that someone likes my story or just comments about how much they like so-and-so's character, it always makes my day. I always end up walking around with a huge smile on my face which one would think that after writing for three years on here, that would fade but it really never does. To have that kind of support from people I've never even met face-to-face is just incredible. I'm so, so thankful to everyone who's ever read, voted, or commented on my stories - I owe it all to my readers, I truly do.

5 what's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist? 

Haha that's actually really hard for me to answer because I listen to practically everything! My music taste is very broad, to say the least. Hm, one I really like though is called Don't You Give Up On Me by Lissie. She's a very obscure indie artist whose sound is very akin to that of Fleetwood Mac that became one of my favorites when I was going through a tough time a few years back. Her music got me through a lot and this song especially reminded me that better days were awaiting me if I only kept going.

6 what's a good piece of advice for a newcomer? 

Follow your heart with your writing. If you want to write a story but don't know if anyone will be interested yet you still want to? Do it anyway! If someone doesn't like how you wrote something but you still like it? Do it anyway! Writing should always be something you love, always be your passion. And if you start following others advice (even if it is meant well) but you don't agree, then you will never be happy with what you wrote. Always write in the way that is true to you. 

7 what's your schedule regarding your writing?

I usually try to fit some writing time in at least twice a week at minimum but depending on how much I love a particular story, I may go over that and write on it several times a week. But I definitely try to write as much as I can.

 8 what's your favorite snack? 

Since I snack too much, I'm gonna have to go with two favorites haha. Which would be Green Apple Sour Punch Straws. For those of you who haven't heard of them, they're basically these sour sugar-covered licorice straws. And my second favorite which is a tie between Pocky and Hello Panda cookies.

9 what's your favorite holiday and why? 

Definitely Halloween! My best friend jokes that I'm the 'Queen' of Halloween haha! Personally, Halloween is that one time of the year where I can love scary, creepy, even morbid things and not be judged for it which I think is pretty great in itself. It's definitely, for me, a time that's always signified really happy memories growing up.

10 what's your favorite thing about Wattpad?

I'd say what I love the most is how everyone can connect. And we're all on the same level. I love being able to befriend and interact with people all across the globe, sometimes whole countries away from me, who love the same things I do. And to share writing tips and swap story recommendations with them. I love how Wattpad connects us all, both as writers and readers alike. I truly believe it's one of the only websites where you can not only display your work for others to see free of charge but also, lets you interact with those same people who are helping you get to the point you want to be at in your writing career.

 11 what's your favorite book?

I love so many different novels and series alike but my all-time favorite will always be Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. The man was a pure genius with not only how he created the world of Wonderland and it's beauty but brought to life so many eccentric things that no one else in his time ever did or ever even approved of. I always felt like, through Alice in Wonderland, he spoke for all the people who loved the weird or more eccentric things in life. And to teach us all that it's okay not to be normal and not always to love that which is considered normal, both in modern society and in his own day and age.

Request Time!

 One book that would mean the world to me if anyone read is Heir of the Alpha. It's an original story, the first of which I've ever written, that I started writing on just recently actually. It's about this teenage boy named Oliver Sage whose mother uproots him from his hometown of Manhattan and moves him out to New Orleans. And it's in this strange, new city with such a rich supernatural legacy that he discovers his own legacy when he transforms for the first time...into a rougarou. Rougarou being the Cajun version of a werewolf. Honestly, it's so much fun to write about my own state and my own kind of history into this series. So if you're into discovering new supernatural stories that aren't just your cliche werewolf or vampire adventure then I'd recommend this one in particular - I can guarantee you'll find out some supernatural lore you never knew.

 So if you're into discovering new supernatural stories that aren't just your cliche werewolf or vampire adventure then I'd recommend this one in particular - I can guarantee you'll find out some supernatural lore you never knew