@amyrobinnz

Contest: dream awards winner
Placement: first place in action/adventure 

I was surprised and shocked to see that Grendilton won. I had seen some other great books and thought my wee book didn't have a chance. I'm in a position where I'm not real happy with my book, and to have this win really made me feel like my book has potential. 

1. What is the best way to spend a rainy day?

 I like to cuddle up to a blanket with a nice cuppa tea and eat cookies while I stare out the window, watching the rain run off my roof. Being childless is a bonus.

 2. If you could hang out with your fave celebrity for a day, who would you choose and what would you do?

 I'd hang out with game grumps, they're a pair of YouTubers who I adore so much. We'd play video games and I'd be some awkward yeti in the corner salivating over the fact that I'm in their presence. 

3. What's your favourite holiday and why?

 Christmas and New Years. I get to hang out with my friends and family and get fat by eating the same food for a whole week. 

4. What's your schedule regarding writing?
 Well, I use to release a chapter every day, but now I don't really have one. It's more like; well when you see the chapter, it's there to read sorta thing. I know shocking. 

5. Are you still surprised when you get new votes, follow and comments?

Absolutely, and the ones who simply fall in love with my characters are the ones who blow me outta the water. It's what keeps me going, to push forward with story writing. 

6. What's a good piece of advice for newcomers?Just keep writing, don't let low view counts get to you, if you have that one person who's always there for each update then that's more valuable than thousands of reads that only last up to the first few chapters. Be open to reviews and critique, take it in no matter how harsh it is, because those will be the caring ones. And if you really want to rack views and votes, then join the many book clubs Wattpad has to offer. They're mainly friendly, and are only there to help you. 7. What's a song you enjoy, who's the artist. I've been bingeing Billie Eillish for the past month now. Her whole album keeps my creative flows going.8. If you could gain advice from your favourite author, who would you chose and what would you ask?I'd ask Cassandra Claire, because I grew up with her and she was the one who kindled my reading. I'd ask how are her books so awesome lol I'd probably be hyperventilating in the presence of Cassandra Claire to ask anything to be perfectly honest.9. What's your favourite thing about Wattpad?That I met all these amazing small writers like me and that we share a love for writing. I never thought I'd find people like that before and it's quite amazing. 10. What's your dream vacation?Japan. I wanna go to the Pikachu parade and be completely lost in its rich history. 11. What's one Wattpad goal?Finish writing my book, so I can complete the sequels I have lined up.

request time!
So my only book I have right now is Grendilton: rise of the shadows. It's Harry Potter meets Pokémon but with mature content. It's set in a fantasy version of earth and follows my two protagonist Macey Russells and Connor Heslington. They both have goals to become something extraordinary at the institute but can't help but quarrel with one another while trying to be the best. When darkness looms over them, they are forced to put their difference aside and fight this darkness before it succumbs them all. While doing so, they figure out they have more in common than they thought. Realizing that having each other's backs is more valuable than stabbing each other in the back.