@Kiahni_C

Contest: The Sass Awards 2019 

Placement: 2nd place in Fantasy 

I enter awards to receive feedback as many other writers on Wattpad do. I never expect to win, I never expect high scores, so if I do it's such a surprise and honor. The judges have to read so many books that are incredible, winning a place is a shock when comparing myself to the other successful and talented writers. It's just another reminder that this is what I'm meant to be doing and I'm forever thankful.

 1 what's your favorite thing about Wattpad? 

The people. I don't have any other people around me away from the internet who are writers, so finding a welcoming community of people struggling with the same things I am is a relief. It never feels like any of us are in an actual competition even when our books are placed against each other. It just goes to show how wonderful so many of the people on Wattpad are. I've made a lot of friends on here and they've helped me through some of my toughest moments on my writing journey. They're the reason I persevere. 

2 what inspired you to write? 

I can't really pinpoint an exact thing. I didn't read much growing up as I had difficulty with that, nor did I have anyone in my life that was creative. But I was a bit of a lonely child and tended to seclude myself in worlds of my own imagination. The creativity has always been there, putting ink on paper was simply the outlet that presented itself when I was little. It began as a cathartic dabble but writing soon embedded itself in my life. Writing can be a very lonely journey, but I always preferred being alone. It suited who I was as a person in many different ways. So, I suppose my personality inspired me to write.

 3 what's your favorite holiday and why?

 Any time I get a day off work is my favourite holiday. Any chance to have some more writing time is not a chance to pass up.

4 what's your favorite snack? 

What a stressful question. This is where I reveal how unhealthy I am. I drink way too much iced tea (drinks are usually my snack), and for so long I drank Vanilla Coke but I've forced myself to stop being such a coke addict.

 5 what's a good piece of advice for a newcomer? 

One thing I wish I knew when I'd just arrived on Wattpad was that I didn't have to listen to everyone's opinions. Sometimes people have their own views on how you should write your story, but at the end of the day it's your story and you're the one that has to be happy with it. Take people's opinions on Wattpad with a grain of salt as many of us aren't professionals and can only give you a reader's point of view. The first thing you need to think about is your own happiness with the work you're doing. 

6 what's your dream vacation?

 Somewhere next to a clear lake amongst the trees with a cabin and a hammock. Preferably in stunning Canada even though I've been there before, I'd happily spend an eternity writing in quiet solitude within the woods. (Let's pretend there are no bears). 

7 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do? 

I'm too intimidated by people I admire to ever want to meet them, but if I had to choose someone then it would probably be Stephen King. We'd probably go to a coffee shop and I'd let him tell me everything I'm doing wrong in my life with gratitude. He seems like a no bullshit type of person and sometimes that's just what you need in life to get moving. 

8 what's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist? 

Another Love by Tom Odell. Something always has me coming back to this song even after years of listening to it. The sorrow, the frustration, the anger, everything within this song just continues tugging at me.

9 Are you still surprised when you get a new vote, follow or comment?

 Certainly! I'm always shocked when people give little me even a moment of their time or a second of their thoughts. For people to actually like my writing enough to vote and comment always leaves me in a state of confusion. I appreciate these people more than they will ever know and will one day build them a shrine. 

10 how would you celebrate a publishing deal? 

By writing more and pushing myself to be better. And I'd probably cry while eating cake with my mum. 

11 what's your favorite movie? 

The Last of the Mohicans. That movie is both nostalgic but also an inspiration to my own stories. It will always be close to my heart. 

Request time! 

The Black Taint is my current novel and includes so many things that I love and have been dying to write. A western inspired dark fantasy world that follows themes of redemption, revenge, and survival. Come and read if you're interested in our heroes battling the undead, immortal warriors, and trying to take down a monarchy of questionable intent. All the while they struggle with internal shadows that no one should have to bear.

 All the while they struggle with internal shadows that no one should have to bear