@LeeannMor4

Contest: The chaos awards 
Placement: 2nd place in fanfiction

I was thrilled to receive second place for fanfiction! I can't explain how much it means to me that a story I've worked so hard on and poured my heart and soul into was appreciated. There are so many brilliant writers of fanfic out there and so many different fandoms. It was a bit intimidating to enter, but I'm glad I pushed myself put of my comfort zone and went for it. I was so happy with the results, and wish all the entrants the very best with their writing. We fanfic writers have got to stick together and encourage each other!

1 if you could provide advice for a newcomer, what would you say?

I would have to say this: write for yourself. Write from your heart and write what YOU want to read. Don't compare yourself to others. Comparison is the thief of joy. Above all else, your writing should bring you joy.

 2 what's one Wattpad goal? 

I think right now my Wattpad goal is to break 1,000 reads on The Time of Growing.

3 if you got a publishing deal, how would you celebrate?

A publishing deal would definitely require a big, fancy dinner and lots of wine to celebrate! Who knows? I may even wear a dress!

 4 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do? 

I think I'd enjoy hanging out Neil Gaiman since he's one of my favorite authors. I'd enjoy spending a cold winter's day inside a cozy pub or café discussing books and Norse mythology.

5 what's your schedule regarding your writing? 

My schedule is hectic between being a mum of 3 small children, a wife, and working. I try to take 2 hours a day to myself for writing, but that's not always feasible. Sometimes I'm only able to update my story once a month! It's extremely frustrating, but there just aren't enough hours in a day!

6 what's your favorite book?

The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien, hands down.

 7 what's your favorite holiday and why? 

Christmas!! The sheer joy and excitement the holiday brings to my kids is worth all the stress of trying to make it special and magical for them.

8 what's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

I have so many different favorite songs and artists depending on my mood. I'd say The Flaming Lips are a steady fave. I can listen to them any time and never be disappointed. Do You Realize? is one of their best songs in my opinion. It's poignant and just beautiful.

 9 what's your favorite movie? 

Again, I have so many favorites! This is difficult! One of them is Labyrinth. Jim Henson puppets and David Bowie are an excellent combination.

10 if you could gain advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you ask? 

I would love writing advice from Prof Tolkien. His writing is the epitome of fantasy fiction, and that's what I would love to be best at. His advice would be invaluable when writing my original novel.

11 Are you still surprised when you gain a new vote, follow or comment?

Yes, I am always surprised when I get votes and comments! Surprised and exceedingly happy! I don't get many of either, so I value every single one..as well as the readers who don't vote or comment. It means a lot to know people are enjoying something I've written.

 Request time!

The Time of Growing

The Time of Growing. It's currently the only story I have on Wattpad (I have another on other sites), but if you love The Lord of the Rings and Tolkien's Middle-earth, if you enjoy fantasy fiction and Elves, then you should enjoy this book. There are interesting original characters interspersed with some of Tolkien's own, there's adventure, mystery, drama, and even a bit of horror. It's not a happy story, it's not a romance, but hopefully it will pull you in, pique your interest, and make you want more.