@Sonic_Books

contest: the dream awards 

placement: honorable mention in action/adventure 

Chasing Beasts is a story that is very close to my heart, so it meant a lot to me that it received Honorable Mention for Action/Adventure in the Dream Awards. I fell in love with the fantasy world filled with powerful monsters, the heartwarming characters like Wolfe, the slow burn romance between Sonya and Lavien, Sonya's adorable half-kitten half-sugar glider pet companion, and the tense battles! It's a super fun Fantasy/Adventure/Romance book that deserves more reads so I hope it gains a little more recognition from placing in the contest!

1 what's one Wattpad goal? 

My main Wattpad goal is just for more readers to realize my books exist. I haven't been on Wattpad for very long so I haven't had time to build up a reader base yet. I have several interesting books on my profile - with more to come - and I would just love for more people to take the time to stop by and enjoy them!

2 what inspired you to write? 

When I was little, I wouldn't take my nose out of a book. I loved adventuring into a variety of worlds. Then, when I got older, I had all these ideas of worlds I wanted to make a reality through writing. I'm inspired to write by the worlds and characters I want to bring to life.

3 what's your favorite thing about Wattpad? 

I love the reader interaction. Sometimes when you're writing by yourself you wonder things like, "Am I going in the right direction with this?" and "Is this book worth continuing?" Readers offer so much feedback and motivation - and that is absolutely priceless.

4 what's your favorite book? 

My favorite book changes frequently, but I just finished reading the novella "Carols & Courtship" by Adelyn Sterling (AdelynAnn on Wattpad) and I adored it! I loved Jane Austen's works and Sterling's novella really lived up to that style of prose. If you enjoy Austen, you should check out Sterling's works.

5 what's your schedule regarding your writing?

Hectic. I have a full time job so most of my writing is done on my phone whenever I get a minute or two to jot something down.

 6 what's your dream vacation? 

Relaxing in a cabin in the mountains with a nice lakeside view, a hot tub, comfy beds, and plenty of hot chocolate.

7 what's a good piece of advice for a newcomer? 

Write for yourself and don't get discouraged by what anyone else thinks. As long as you enjoy your book, it's already worth writing. If someone else enjoys it, too - that's just a bonus!

8 Are you still surprised when you get a new vote, follow or comment?

Absolutely! I'm still fairly unknown on Wattpad so every new vote, follow, and comment is a surprise, but even if I was popular I'd wholeheartedly appreciate every last vote, follow, and comment as if it was the first one. My favorite surprise is when someone binge comments/votes for one of my books or messages me afterward wanting to chat about it. It's heartwarming when readers really enjoy something I've written!

 9 what's your favorite holiday and why? 

I love Christmas! The gorgeous colorful lights, smell of freshly baked cookies, dazzling trees garnished with glittering ornaments and garlands, and having an excuse to spoil the people you love with gifts - it's easily my favorite time of the year!

10 what's your favorite movie? 

An old friend of mine who was suffering from depression recommended a Polish movie called "Suicide Room" to me and it will always be one of my favorites. I don't think I'll ever forget how heartwrenching that film was. I enjoy movies and books that tackle hard to handle mental health subjects and that movie depicted those feelings perfectly.

11 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do?

I'm actually not too interested in famous people. My best friends and family members are the celebrities in my life and I'd be happy doing absolutely anything with them!

Request time!

"Sold" is my most popular book and an excellent read once you've finished "Chasing Beasts!" It is a Romance/Fantasy/Adventure book and follows the story of Saiea, a tribe leader's daughter who is engaged to a self-obsessed womanizing tribesman

"Sold" is my most popular book and an excellent read once you've finished "Chasing Beasts!" It is a Romance/Fantasy/Adventure book and follows the story of Saiea, a tribe leader's daughter who is engaged to a self-obsessed womanizing tribesman. Wanting some space from her village, she wanders out to the woods to unwind but is captured by slave traders and sold on the human market. Her buyer - a domineering owner with many underage female slaves - presents her as a gift to his friend: a reclusive dragon mage who doesn't even want a servant. It is a cute slow-burn romance with light DDLG themes and a neat fantasy setting!