Chapter One Hundred and Thirteen

We went home halfway through our second week, neither of us could enjoy ourselves whilst our minds were back home with Mark and Vicki.

The funeral took place on the cold misty morning of December the 21st. Both Mark and Vicki were extremely brave, all our hearts just broke for that tiny little girl taken far too soon. Talia Owen would never be forgotten.

Anna and I organised the wake back at Mark and Vicki's, we did everything, so they didn't need to worry about a thing. It became apparent about 9pm ish they were exhausted and needed some time alone. So we washed up the final dishes and cups. And left them in peace.

They were adamant we were not to tread on eggs shells around them, and just go on as normal. We all checked on them between then and Christmas, but at the same time let them grieve. We were pleased they'd agreed to come to ours for Christmas Day, Gary was dreading they'd say they would stay home alone.

We tried our best to have a happy time for the children. They all loved their presents and played all day long, with surprisingly little arguments either. Howard and Sam had announced they were to be married in May, on the shores of the Dominion Republic. How our boys loved a beach wedding? It all gave us something to look forward too next summer anyway.

One by one the littlest people began to fall asleep and were carried to bed. I shoved all the toys, scooters, buggys and games in the playroom. So the adults could enjoy our evening in peace.

We lit the log fire and sat around toasting marsh mellows while reminiscing on old times. Us girls set a mini quiz for the boys, trying to extract some old secrets they hid from their early days. They also asked us some questions testing our fan knowledge too..

Mark and Vicki seemed relaxed and happy as they could be. They snugged together on one of our oversized chairs and tenderly shared the odd kiss and touch of hands.

The tension between Gary and Howie seemed to have disappeared and they were laughing about old times again. Sam was sat sideways bare footed in another chair sipping her drink.

Anna and Jay were as usual being the 'adults' and made sure Gary and I had help throughout the whole day with washing up and refilling drinks etc.

Just looking around this room now...it hit me ...

How lucky were we? We are sat in our lovely home...around a log fire...with Take That, whom I considered my family now.

We drank and laughed deep into Boxing Day.

That week between Christmas and New Year always flys by doesn't it? This one was no different. The rest of the guys went home and we had a few more days with the girls before they went back to Julie.

That left just me Gary and Taylor. With a house full of toys he never had time to be bored. Gary seemed happy to have some time off too. I alway worried he worked too much. We loved having him home.

Gary loved his new recorder thingy I got him that he begged me for. I loved my book Taylor had bought me from my favourite author and Gary had promised to take me out so I could wear the beautiful dress he had got me.

New Years Eve this year was held at Howard and Sam's. We all thought it was too soon for Mark and Vicki to organise, so Howard's it was...their house was smaller than ours but they had a huge garden and he hired a heated Marquee to see in the new year outside. Howard played on his decks in the evening as we all danced the year away.

He'd invited loads of guests, most I didn't know, but somehow they knew me, I guessed through Gary.

"He's asleep!" Gary snuck up behind me and said into my ear. He'd set up a travel cot in Howard's room so Taylor could sleep until we went home.