Chapter twelve

Gary exhaled once more as he swiped the key card in the suite door. He glanced around at me and grinned and planted a kiss on my lips.
As we entered the main room everyone cheered. Causing Gary's cheeks to shine a lovely shade of pink.
"Shudddup! FOR FUCKS SAKE!" Gary got embarrased very easily.
I squeezed his hand showing him that it was ok.
"The lift got stuck!!" He protested.
"Bullshit!" Laughed Howard. "Mel's hair is a mess, you are all flushed and your shirt is done up wrong!!"
The whole group wolf whistled. Gary held up both hands.
"Ok.....you got me!! I'm just too irisistable!" He shrugged smiling, kissing my cheek and disappeared into the bedroom.
I found the nearest mirror to fix my hair, all except Mark filtered off. I flopped down on the sofa next to him.
"So what do you do Mel???" He said looking tired.
"I worked in a electronics factory, but the company went bust and we all got made redundant." I explained
"Ahh shit, sorry Hun!"he said sadly.
"It's cool, we had a good payout, but ...well you know, bills still need paying." I sighed loudly
[ MARK OWEN PROBABLY DOESNT HAVE A PROBLEM PAYING HIS GAS BILL MEL!]
After a long pause of silence Mark said so softly, looking into his lap.

"Don't hurt him.."
Confused i turn to face him. "Eh?!"
"Well, he's not long split from ...well....you know and he put all his trust and faith in her, then she did that! It floored all of us really as out of all our partners past and present, she was the one we least expected to do something like that.
They always looked so happy together, until about a year ago. Gaz started to go very quiet, he wrote lots of demos with really depressing, heartbreaking lyrics. I thought he discovered 'smack'!" He paused to sip his cuppa he was cupping with both hands.
Tears welled up in his eyes, this was heartbreaking.
"One studio session he just cracked, threw his tea mug across the room and just broke down, we tried to get out of him what was up, but he got angry and stormed out. He didn't return or even touch a piano for about a month.
We tried our best to cheer him up and support him as much as we could, but he just cried all the time.
"Oh...Mark..." I wiped a escaping tear from my cheek "Obviously I only know the facts that were released in the press, but then I also know not to believe all what the papers print.
"It was only when XFactor called him to do the last series he finally left his flat....

[ FLAT!!! I assumed he owned a mansion.. Another assumption discredited]

.....Elton visited him everyday and fed him coffee because he'd stopped eating and lost loads of weight." Mark continued. "She apparently said he was TOO wrapped up in his work, with writing, charity gigs, tours, interviews, tv?....she said she never saw him!"

"But...." I interrupted "That's his Job???..."
"Hmmm...Mark agreed. A twat she worked with, moved in on her, poisoning her mind again Gaz, and he finally sold his story to OK! Magazine.....they made thousands!"
"What a bitch!" I spat.

"Who's a Bitch???" Gaz entered the room grinning.
"Oh .... Miley Cyrus!" Mark thought on his feet.
Gary looked dapper, he'd obviously showered and smelt just divine.
"Right....I'm off for a shower!!" Mark yawned excusing himself. "I think Anna's turned in for the night." He winked "as I heard giggling coming from their room!!"
The 3 of us giggled.

"Wow, Mr Barlow??...You smell divine!!" I smirked at him.
He returned the smile and said "Miss Evans???....your hair is a mess!!!!"
"Oi!!!!" I tapped his arm.
Within seconds he was on me...and bombarded me with tickles...
"Ahhhhhhh!!......Nooooooo...Gary STOP!!" I screamed
We wriggled so much that we slid of the sofa, with me on top of Gary. Both breathless we both paused and got lost in each other's eyes.
"Gary, I know you have probably humped thousands of girls back in the 90's and have been told a zillion times....but...."
"Mel......" He tried to stop me.
".... But....I have loved your bones since I first saw you on..." I stopped myself, looking away and laughed.
"What???" He smirked.
"It sounds so stupid and pathetic..." I grimaced "....well Top Of The Pops!! "
Gary creased up laughing."hahahahahaha!!!!,"
"Oh don't!" I played my sulky face. "I do.....I do Love You..."
"And you Miss Evans.....are very special to me, I've had a shit few years, which nearly killed me. But my friends believe in me and they kept me alive. 'Those' words are dead to me, they were sold to me for 10 years fraudiantly."

"I so sorry Gary...I truly am...but I have no other words to describe how much I adore you! I would never EVER hurt you, now that I have you.....I'm never letting you go!"
A lone tear trickled down his cheek. I bent over and kissed the saltiness away.
Very quietly Gary said "Thank-You" and he blinked hard.
Another long pause...
"That's a very deep conversation Mr Barlow......now.....we need some fun!"
"Done!" He said bucking me off of his body, knocking me sideways, banging my head on the leg of a small coffee table.
"Arrrrghhh!!!!" I shouted
"Oh My God!!!.....Mel!....I'm so sorry!! Are you ok????" He said With half giggle in his voice.
He cradled me in his arms so tight, I could hardly breathe.
"Geeesh! Gaz, I never knew you were such a Clutz!" I said as I rubbed my head
"I am not!" He said playfully "take that back!"
"No," I played too. " Shan't"! ....But.......LAST ONE TO THE BEDROOM COMES LAST!!!!" I jumped up and ran to the bedroom.
"Oi!!!!.....That's not fair!!!!" He said hot on my tail.